Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 22:00

U3011, brown/yellow patches

I have a problem with a 3.5 year old u3011. There are yellow/brown patches that are especially noticeable on light coloured backgrounds. It is almost exactly the same as the person's problem here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19452915 except mine are arranged in a different pattern. I actually have the same problem on an old 2405fpw.

I have been through the steps outlined in the stickied topic here: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19543490 (hard reset the monitor, read the manual, restored to factory defaults and run the self-test and build in diagnostics).

Post your issue and all of the following data

Reason line = u3011 brown/yellow patches
Body =
* What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number? 
CN OPH5NY-74445-1CM-154L
* What specific computer model? N/A? tested both PC and 2015 Macbook Pro
* What operating system? Windows 7 and OSX 
* What video card? Radeon HD 7800 and Intel Iris 6100
* Video card driver version? 15.200.1046.0 (Radeon) 
* What video out ports are available on the video card? Dual Link DVI (PC) and Mini DisplayPort (Macbook)
* What video out port are you using from the video card to what video in port on the monitor? Dual Link DVI (PC) and Mini DisplayPort (Macbook)
* What cable are you using to attach the video card to the monitor? Dual Link DVI (PC) and DisplayPort  (Macbook)
* What windows power plan?
High Performance
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed? 2560x1600@60Hz
* Was the monitor purchased from Dell or some reseller? From Dell

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 4th, 2015 08:00

Did you see the yellow/brown patches in the BID?  What is the service tag number?

3 Posts

August 4th, 2015 18:00

Yes, the patches are still there.

The service tag is:

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 4th, 2015 18:00

Regrettably, we cannot exchange this monitor. The Dell Australia site shows that the three year warranty expired, March 3, 2012 to March 4, 2015. Try this:
* Open the Menu OSD (On Screen Display) -Other Settings -LCD Conditioning -Enable -Yes
* Let it run for several hours to see if it will help

3 Posts

August 6th, 2015 04:00

Three years seems to be pretty bad lifetime for something that cost $1500... is this really what we should expect for a premium monitor? I haven't mistreated it or used it roughly.

I will try the LCD Conditioning tonight when I go to bed.

No Events found!