mrmxyzptlk1
1 Nickel

Re: U3014 fix update

DELL-Chris M,

thanks for the info. Will return the A01 and wait till the A02 pops up and monitor forums for feedback about issues.

Still, I am disappointed about Dell's stance about the RTC overshoot. I know it is not your fault, but you may be able to pass the message to the right places. I think the stance to say that this feature "is working is as intended" is rather rude to customers. Just look at what other people are thinking about this reply: hardforum.com/showpost.php

I fear that if I got a U3014 I may regret it if Dell sometime later down the line decides that they would fix this defect despite what they are saying now. If there is a Rev A0x with a service menu for turning off the RTC overdrive, I think I am going to be mad.

This would be my fourth 30" monitor from Dell. I also bought several other high end products such as desktops and laptops from Dell. I am not the only person annoyed with the RTC overshoot. At least I would have liked to have heard another response than everything is fine "by design"; I would have liked for Dell to have at least admit that is a bad design and consider this feedback from lots of customers for future products. At least the scanline issue seems to have warranted a redesign. From my point of view, the RTC overshoot should be treated the same way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
PrecisionX
1 Nickel

Hello,

I already returned two U3014 to my reseller because of scan lines problem. Any estimations when the A02 revision could become available?

0 Kudos

PrecisionX,

If you purchase New from Dell and not from the reseller, they will be A02. Dell cannot know how many older revisions the reseller has on their shelves. I would never purchase anything from a reseller.

0 Kudos
PrecisionX
1 Nickel

Chris, thx for replying! Am I right to assume that A02 is already available? (couldn't find anything about current revision in german store)

0 Kudos
mrmxyzptlk1
1 Nickel

I think I now get why Dell is not admitting that the RTC overshoot is a problem: It seems that the U3014 is not the only model with the problem, I just saw this thread about the U2413: en.community.dell.com/.../19494628.aspx

There are lots of users complaining about it. The U2413 may be more widespread. If Dell admitted the problem, they would have to exchange all screens. If they declared it "a feature", they can just reject all complains as they are doing now.

If Dell decides to fix this "feature" silently in new models (or in the future, which they deny), it should prove that this feature is a defect. And I think Dell will not look into this for ther Uxx14 line due to the many complaints.

0 Kudos
Reviewer001
1 Nickel

Update for you all:

My replacement U3014, which I requested on 6/1, arrived today.  It is another A01 and it exhibits the scanline problem.

The statement in this thread that replacements will be A02s is not at all accurate.  In fact my replacement is older than my first monitor!  My original U3014 was ordered on 5/29 and it is an A01 with an April 2013 build date.  This replacement was built in March 2013.

0 Kudos

Reviewer001,

When they setup the exchanges, did they specify that they would be NEW exchanges and not Used/refurbished? Private message me the last dispatch number and I can check.

0 Kudos
Reviewer001
1 Nickel

Hey Chris, they didn't specify.  I assumed new since I had only owned the U3014 for a few days.  But you know what they say about assumptions Smiley Happy

I'll PM you the dispatch number.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

All, hold off on getting anymore exchanges until I hear from engineering.

0 Kudos
Bombadilio
1 Nickel

My monitor which is from March 2013 has washed out colors and really bad IPS glow on both bottom corners. I spoke to tech support and they are sending me a new monitor.

On a side note, whats the best way of fixing the really yellow tint and ips glow? Is there a fix?

0 Kudos