Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2013 21:00

U3014 (Fixed USB3.0 charging, turned off SVE) No fix for h-lines yet

ChrisM or anyone from Dell close to manufacturing,

I'm in the market for a 30in and the U3014 fits my needs the best. I held off my purchase based on the weird problem discussed here http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19502072.aspx.

Can someone from Dell post a confirmation note when the problem is fixed in manufacturing and new revisions are released to resellers?

Thanks a lot!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 1st, 2013 08:00

8steve8,
Return it to the seller and buy directly from us. That is the only way to be assured of getting the latest revision.

mrmxyzptlk1,
I think that is the RTC. I cannot answer those design questions. I just know that RTC is not going away.

2 Posts

June 1st, 2013 16:00

If I buy it from you, do i have to ask for a02 or how does that work?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 1st, 2013 18:00

8steve8,

A new purchase from Dell will be the latest revision.

June 1st, 2013 20:00

I just requested an exchange for my monitor due to the scanline issue and it should be arriving on Wednesday. I asked the rep if they would make sure to send me an A02 but she was unable to do so. All she told me was that the "engineers" would make sure that if the scanline is a "known issue," they would definitely send me one without the problem. I hope I do not receive another A01. I will be reporting back once I receive the replacement.

12 Posts

June 2nd, 2013 03:00

DELL-Chris M,

thanks for the info. Will return the A01 and wait till the A02 pops up and monitor forums for feedback about issues.

Still, I am disappointed about Dell's stance about the RTC overshoot. I know it is not your fault, but you may be able to pass the message to the right places. I think the stance to say that this feature "is working is as intended" is rather rude to customers. Just look at what other people are thinking about this reply: hardforum.com/showpost.php

I fear that if I got a U3014 I may regret it if Dell sometime later down the line decides that they would fix this defect despite what they are saying now. If there is a Rev A0x with a service menu for turning off the RTC overdrive, I think I am going to be mad.

This would be my fourth 30" monitor from Dell. I also bought several other high end products such as desktops and laptops from Dell. I am not the only person annoyed with the RTC overshoot. At least I would have liked to have heard another response than everything is fine "by design"; I would have liked for Dell to have at least admit that is a bad design and consider this feedback from lots of customers for future products. At least the scanline issue seems to have warranted a redesign. From my point of view, the RTC overshoot should be treated the same way.

June 3rd, 2013 17:00

Hello,

I already returned two U3014 to my reseller because of scan lines problem. Any estimations when the A02 revision could become available?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 4th, 2013 07:00

PrecisionX,

If you purchase New from Dell and not from the reseller, they will be A02. Dell cannot know how many older revisions the reseller has on their shelves. I would never purchase anything from a reseller.

June 4th, 2013 17:00

Chris, thx for replying! Am I right to assume that A02 is already available? (couldn't find anything about current revision in german store)

12 Posts

June 5th, 2013 08:00

I think I now get why Dell is not admitting that the RTC overshoot is a problem: It seems that the U3014 is not the only model with the problem, I just saw this thread about the U2413: en.community.dell.com/.../19494628.aspx

There are lots of users complaining about it. The U2413 may be more widespread. If Dell admitted the problem, they would have to exchange all screens. If they declared it "a feature", they can just reject all complains as they are doing now.

If Dell decides to fix this "feature" silently in new models (or in the future, which they deny), it should prove that this feature is a defect. And I think Dell will not look into this for ther Uxx14 line due to the many complaints.

June 5th, 2013 09:00

Update for you all:

My replacement U3014, which I requested on 6/1, arrived today.  It is another A01 and it exhibits the scanline problem.

The statement in this thread that replacements will be A02s is not at all accurate.  In fact my replacement is older than my first monitor!  My original U3014 was ordered on 5/29 and it is an A01 with an April 2013 build date.  This replacement was built in March 2013.

June 5th, 2013 11:00

Hey Chris, they didn't specify.  I assumed new since I had only owned the U3014 for a few days.  But you know what they say about assumptions :)

I'll PM you the dispatch number.  Thanks for your help.

18 Posts

My monitor which is from March 2013 has washed out colors and really bad IPS glow on both bottom corners. I spoke to tech support and they are sending me a new monitor.

On a side note, whats the best way of fixing the really yellow tint and ips glow? Is there a fix?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Reviewer001,

When they setup the exchanges, did they specify that they would be NEW exchanges and not Used/refurbished? Private message me the last dispatch number and I can check.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

All, hold off on getting anymore exchanges until I hear from engineering.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 5th, 2013 12:00

My apologies. I was mistaken about what the revisions fixed. We do not have a fix for the h-lines issue yet. Hold off on all monitor exchanges.

A00 to A01
* Hardware change to correct the USB 3.0 charging behavior

A01 to A02
* Turn off SVE (Smart Video Enhance) to address the random color temperature shifts

No Events found!