Mitchell Lee
1 Nickel

RE: U3014 Rev A03 OUT?

Erm....for the record and sharing my foreseeing opinion for further ..happening that

beside U3014 rather U3415W coming in 4Q.

So that any ppl who waiting official release message from DELL about A03 for U3014

would need to consider  U3415W either.

Of cuz, it may need to wait another revision as well but seem that worthy. Isn't it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rkhrt27
2 Iron

RE: What is the latest Firmware version shipping for the U3014 monitor in Canada?

Chris,

is there any way you can get a better ETA on A03 shipping? It's frustrating that everyone that gets asked at Dell has a completely different answer  when there is a bunch of people (myself included) waiting to give you our money for a brand new A03 monitor. We realize it is not your fault, just frustrated. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

RE: What is the latest Firmware version shipping for the U3014 monitor in Canada?

For NEW stock, end of October. Used/Refurbished exchange stock should be at A03 now.

0 Kudos
rkhrt27
2 Iron

Thanks for the update. I will check back around then.

0 Kudos
Mesonto
1 Copper

Chris,

If what you state is true (I imagine you are correct), why is India all over the map on this answer? I phoned again today and they insisted that the revision number shipping is A.05 and that I could trust them. (even from their supervisor) They certainly need training over there, it is horrible tech support/presales. They also keep mentioning that I am wrong and that the U3011 models were A.03 and the newer U3014 models went on to being A.04 and then A.05. 

Anyway, all I am trying to point out is the utter confusion one has when trying to buy one of these monitors... I want to give Dell my money but I do need some of the issues fixed before I make my purchase.

As a suggestion it would be great to see what firmware revisions people are buying right at the time of ordering. This would eliminate so much confusion. Also it would be great to see an updated list with every revision stating what was fixed/upgraded since the last version. -- These 2 things would make it far easier to make a confident purchase.

Thank you for your help,
Mesonto

0 Kudos
LurkerLito
1 Nickel

An update... I emailed tech support earlier today regarding my open ticket and the agent I was dealing with called me back telling me that the A03 model is available for me to exchange to. So they are sending me one. I'll post back when I get it assuming they do send me an actual A03 revision. You never know, but I am just cautiously optimistic. 😉

0 Kudos
Mitchell Lee
1 Nickel

To be noticed(no offence),

we all are(especially in this thread) waiting for a information that

whether we can usually buy A03 from retail on/off line shop

not by customer center.

As the Chris M mentioned that many time before from many articles,

A03 officially available through customer center already. so

even though you get the replacement from customer center that is nothing news.

Please kindly don't make confusion for global people who watching this thread.

Does any one there who brought A03 from retail shop or any online web site?

0 Kudos

A00 to A01
* Hardware change to correct the USB 3.0 charging behavior.

A01 to A02
* Firmware change to turn off SVE (Smart Video Enhance) in the OSD (On Screen Display) to correct the random color temperature shifts.

A02 to A03
* A03 corrected the horizontal lines issues. All Used/Refurbished monitor exchanges will get either the A03 or a fixed A02. The fixed A02s will technically be at A03 but the label was not changed in all service centers. New purchase stock from Dell should be at A03. I cannot speak to what revisions a non-Dell seller may have.

0 Kudos
LurkerLito
1 Nickel

No offense taken, but look at the first post, this thread is not about A03 being available new in retail, it's about if it's available anywhere. The original post author was trying to do an exchange just like I tried to do the exchange for an A03 but received the same A02 model. I know Chris M has mentioned it being available through the customer center, but it hasn't been available for me at least until yesterday. I have been trying to exchange my A02 model for an A03 model for over a month now.

That said, you know there was another thread where Chris M already said, that at the Dell store you should be able to get a new A03 around the end of October. If you want to get it from elsewhere you are going to have to wait a long time for it to filter through to retail, I would guess if your lucky by end of December or early next year, and even then it'll be a mix batch so you'll have to be careful at what they give you.

0 Kudos
Mitchell Lee
1 Nickel

Well..A03 already 100% out since I saw A03 replacement in front of my face at home by technical support through customer center few weeks ago(In August). And also mentioned by Chris that A03 via customer center was already available not october or so. (find out another article which talking about mid of September thing). Regarding, your case is some...fault by customer center as it happened in the another region too which nothing special.(include my experiences.). since the replacement is used or refurbished one which I do not want. I just want to re-buy new/unused product as latest product. You know...no one wanna get the used replacement under that price. That is why the question should point to the 'retail' thing. Are we on the same page from now then?  O.o

0 Kudos