Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2013 08:00

U3014 Rev A03 OUT?

Please can anyone from Dell confirm that the Dell U3014 Rev A03 monitor is out? If so I was told by someone from Dell Kiran K that wait for the Rev A03 monitor as my current one has horizontal lines problems plus one said being dimmer then the other. I was sent out monitors but same problem so held on to my current one till the Rev A03 came out. I did contact Kiran K but no answer been over 3 weeks so that's the reason posting here so if someone from Dell can please help me with this would really appreciate it Thanks.

22 Posts

September 27th, 2013 01:00

To be noticed(no offence),

we all are(especially in this thread) waiting for a information that

whether we can usually buy A03 from retail on/off line shop

not by customer center.

As the Chris M mentioned that many time before from many articles,

A03 officially available through customer center already. so

even though you get the replacement from customer center that is nothing news.

Please kindly don't make confusion for global people who watching this thread.

Does any one there who brought A03 from retail shop or any online web site?

22 Posts

September 27th, 2013 07:00

Well..A03 already 100% out since I saw A03 replacement in front of my face at home by technical support through customer center few weeks ago(In August). And also mentioned by Chris that A03 via customer center was already available not october or so. (find out another article which talking about mid of September thing). Regarding, your case is some...fault by customer center as it happened in the another region too which nothing special.(include my experiences.). since the replacement is used or refurbished one which I do not want. I just want to re-buy new/unused product as latest product. You know...no one wanna get the used replacement under that price. That is why the question should point to the 'retail' thing. Are we on the same page from now then?  O.o

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

A00 to A01
* Hardware change to correct the USB 3.0 charging behavior.

A01 to A02
* Firmware change to turn off SVE (Smart Video Enhance) in the OSD (On Screen Display) to correct the random color temperature shifts.

A02 to A03
* A03 corrected the horizontal lines issues. All Used/Refurbished monitor exchanges will get either the A03 or a fixed A02. The fixed A02s will technically be at A03 but the label was not changed in all service centers. New purchase stock from Dell should be at A03. I cannot speak to what revisions a non-Dell seller may have.

14 Posts

No offense taken, but look at the first post, this thread is not about A03 being available new in retail, it's about if it's available anywhere. The original post author was trying to do an exchange just like I tried to do the exchange for an A03 but received the same A02 model. I know Chris M has mentioned it being available through the customer center, but it hasn't been available for me at least until yesterday. I have been trying to exchange my A02 model for an A03 model for over a month now.

That said, you know there was another thread where Chris M already said, that at the Dell store you should be able to get a new A03 around the end of October. If you want to get it from elsewhere you are going to have to wait a long time for it to filter through to retail, I would guess if your lucky by end of December or early next year, and even then it'll be a mix batch so you'll have to be careful at what they give you.

September 27th, 2013 08:00

I bought a refurbished 3014 from Dell on 9/24/13, would I be getting the A02 with the horizontal lines fixed, or a A03?

If I do get one with horizontal line issues, would I be qualified to get a new A03?

Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 27th, 2013 09:00

A Dell Outlet refurbished purchase is a whole different ball of wax. We do not look at the revision when shipping from the Outlet. You get the next one in the queue. We have no clue what you will get.

14 Posts

September 27th, 2013 19:00

Well another update. My dispatch for the monitor has been put on hold. Apparently they couldn't guarantee me an A03 so they put the shipment on hold. That is actually a good thing for me as I would have been more annoyed if they sent me another A02 with horizontal lines on it. But it looks like the wait continues for the elusive A03. :)

4 Posts

September 30th, 2013 14:00

Thank you Chris for these updates.  I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time waiting for the A03 release before purchasing a U3014.  My order has been placed today directly with Dell.  :emotion-2:

September 30th, 2013 17:00

Hi everybody

I purchased my Dell U3014 online in August 2013 (I'm in Switzerland). Manufactured date: May 2013, Rev. A02.

Unfortunately it was faulty like already known in this forum. It was two times replaced. Now I have the third one. Manufactured date was always May 2013 with Rev. A02, but still faulty.

Actual S/N: CN-0P1V6N-74445-35A-601L

They said to me, that replace it again makes no sence, what shure I understand. I have to contact Dell later an they will decide again what best to do.

@Chris: what are the freshest News?

8 Posts

October 1st, 2013 11:00

I ordered the U3014 on September 30th and was told by the rep it would be Revision 3.  My order arrived today in Canada and it is Rev 02.  I've started the refund/return process because it's not worth the hassle of gambling with exchanges not being the correct revision. 

The worst part is that the customer service rep who handled my return request was clueless as to what revision meant.  *Sigh*

Now I have to wait 24-48 hours before I can get my return shipping labels and RMA number.  Disappointed.

5 Posts

The reason I ask is that sales in India have told me that the revision number is:
A.00 -> 1 time
A.02 -> 1 time
A.05 -> 3 times

It is so frustrating not to get an answer I can trust. It would help if ordering came back to North America.

22 Posts

Wow...many report keep arrving from entire world.

Let's wait for the another reply from c1ph3r2u about his case.

8 Posts

Ordered this U3014 September 30th in Canada.  I was told by the rep with Dell that it would be Rev 03.  I received Rev 02 today.  Fawwwk.  Returning my order.  I'm not getting into the hassle of exchanging for another monitor on the chance that it's another 02.  I'll wait a couple of months to make sure the 02 stock is gone.  Such a pain in the ass.

The worst part?  The reps with customer service do not understand what I'm referring to when I speak about Revision or monitor editions.  They were clueless.  Refund time.

8 Posts

I think anyone ordering now like I did is gambling.  I don't think it is worth the hassle of either going through the return process or the exchange process with Dell over this.  Now I have to wait 24-48 hours for an email with my RMA and return labels at which point I was told I would receive a call with instructions.  *Sigh*

4 Posts

October 9th, 2013 22:00

Was hoping to post with good news today as my U3014 arrived today in San Jose from Dell's warehouse in Nashville, TN...

Unfortunately, same experience as @Prohib and I received a A02 model made back in June.  I had the Dell CSR confirm twice that I was to receive an A03 version. 

I'm not even bothering to plug it in, instead I'm starting the RMA process now.  Wondering if paying a bit more for the Lenovo 30" monitor with the same LG panel internals would save me further hassles...

@Chris M from Dell, could you please have someone from Dell explain how we can actually order a A03 version of the U3014 monitor?  I do not want to purchase a monitor with known hardware issues!

No Events found!