Fridge_Monster
1 Copper

RE: U3014 Rev A03 OUT?

I bought a refurbished 3014 from Dell on 9/24/13, would I be getting the A02 with the horizontal lines fixed, or a A03?

If I do get one with horizontal line issues, would I be qualified to get a new A03?

Thank you

0 Kudos

A Dell Outlet refurbished purchase is a whole different ball of wax. We do not look at the revision when shipping from the Outlet. You get the next one in the queue. We have no clue what you will get.

0 Kudos
LurkerLito
1 Nickel

Well another update. My dispatch for the monitor has been put on hold. Apparently they couldn't guarantee me an A03 so they put the shipment on hold. That is actually a good thing for me as I would have been more annoyed if they sent me another A02 with horizontal lines on it. But it looks like the wait continues for the elusive A03. 🙂

0 Kudos
c1ph3r2u
1 Copper

Thank you Chris for these updates.  I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time waiting for the A03 release before purchasing a U3014.  My order has been placed today directly with Dell.  emoticon.BigSmile.title

0 Kudos
Mr. Naculation
1 Nickel

Hi everybody

I purchased my Dell U3014 online in August 2013 (I'm in Switzerland). Manufactured date: May 2013, Rev. A02.

Unfortunately it was faulty like already known in this forum. It was two times replaced. Now I have the third one. Manufactured date was always May 2013 with Rev. A02, but still faulty.

Actual S/N: CN-0P1V6N-74445-35A-601L

They said to me, that replace it again makes no sence, what shure I understand. I have to contact Dell later an they will decide again what best to do.

@Chris: what are the freshest News?

0 Kudos
Prohib
1 Nickel

Ordered this U3014 September 30th in Canada.  I was told by the rep with Dell that it would be Rev 03.  I received Rev 02 today.  Fawwwk.  Returning my order.  I'm not getting into the hassle of exchanging for another monitor on the chance that it's another 02.  I'll wait a couple of months to make sure the 02 stock is gone.  Such a pain in the ass.

The worst part?  The reps with customer service do not understand what I'm referring to when I speak about Revision or monitor editions.  They were clueless.  Refund time.

Mitchell Lee
1 Nickel

Wow...many report keep arrving from entire world.

Let's wait for the another reply from c1ph3r2u about his case.

0 Kudos
Prohib
1 Nickel

I think anyone ordering now like I did is gambling.  I don't think it is worth the hassle of either going through the return process or the exchange process with Dell over this.  Now I have to wait 24-48 hours for an email with my RMA and return labels at which point I was told I would receive a call with instructions.  *Sigh*

0 Kudos
Prohib
1 Nickel

RE: U3014, firmware, Canada

I ordered the U3014 on September 30th and was told by the rep it would be Revision 3.  My order arrived today in Canada and it is Rev 02.  I've started the refund/return process because it's not worth the hassle of gambling with exchanges not being the correct revision. 

The worst part is that the customer service rep who handled my return request was clueless as to what revision meant.  *Sigh*

Now I have to wait 24-48 hours before I can get my return shipping labels and RMA number.  Disappointed.

0 Kudos
Mesonto
1 Copper

U3014, firmware, Canada

The reason I ask is that sales in India have told me that the revision number is:
A.00 -> 1 time
A.02 -> 1 time
A.05 -> 3 times

It is so frustrating not to get an answer I can trust. It would help if ordering came back to North America.

0 Kudos