Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2013 12:00

U3014, Windows 8: USB always finding/disconnecting with annoying found hardware/disconnect hardware sound

I have a new U3014 that I've connected to my Windows 8 desktop.  I also connected the USB cable so that I can use the multi-card reader and USB slots on the monitor.  My problem is every once in a while (often) Windows 8 finds new hardware and plays the hardware connect/disconnect sound.  If I take off the USB monitor cable, it never happens.  For some reason Windows 8 is seeing the USB hub in the monitor and connecting/disconnecting it all the time.  Incredibly annoying.

Is anyone else seeing this? 

3 Posts

July 1st, 2013 17:00

I am as well, but I haven't found a solution yet.

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 2nd, 2013 08:00

The monitor ports are passive. They either get a signal or do not, but they do not "seek and find" a signal. You must have a windows 8 power setting that is allowing the computer USB ports to go to sleep. Find that setting in power management or the device manager and disable it.

3 Posts

September 26th, 2013 08:00

I have disabled USB selective suspend in power settings, but this still occurs. I have also tried disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for all of my USB hubs with no success. Any other ideas? Anyone find a fix for this? Short of disconnecting the monitor's USB from the PC? Two months have passed, is there a fix for this yet?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 26th, 2013 09:00

No. We never could replicate this issue in our labs. We tested on multiple desktops and laptops running Windows 8.

77 Posts

December 24th, 2013 02:00

Is your screen's usb upstream port directly connected to your computer? I've had the same issue, but I had an USB switching box in between (so as to switch keyboard and mouse between two computers) .

1 Message

October 24th, 2014 06:00

I have the same problem. I had it on one monitor and Dell have replaced it with another.

My USB power settings were already disabled.

Still the same problem with the second monitor. Maybe it is the cable?

2 Posts

November 25th, 2014 06:00

I have the same problem with my brand new u3014.  Luckily I got somebody that knows how the PnP system works on Windows (Device Driver developer.)  This is the note I got from them after sending them my error logs..  Once I unplugged the USB 3.0 cable that connected my computer to the monitor things are normal again. 

"I looked at remove-add-sound.etl file, and I saw two devices being enumerated:

Processing device USB\VID_0451&PID_8041\7&2bf3540d&0&3 (0xffffe0020d868d30)

Processing device USB\VID_0BDA&PID_0307\201006010301 (0xffffe0022e0fd7c0)

According to bing, the first device is a USB hub, and the second is a Realtek USB card reader. I’m not sure if your HP device is a desktop or a laptop, but if I had to bet it sounds like the hub device is falling off its parent, possibly because it is being reset due to hardware errors cutting power to these devices or due to poorly written drivers."

No Events found!