My new U3014 won't display from any input source. I was hoping to do a factory reset, but that seems to require the OSD. However, the OSD only lets me choose an input source - not other menu options. How can I reset to factory settings? Is there a tiny button somewhere I can use instead (haven't been able to find one...)
The U3014 was this way out of the box? No, there is not a reset button. Try this...
* Turn off the computer and monitor
* Disconnect all cabling from the monitor (Power, Audio, VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, USB, etc.)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button in for 10 seconds
* Reconnect the cabling to the monitor and then to the computer (Audio, VGA, DVI, HDMI, DP, USB, etc.)
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the monitor
* Turn on the monitor, then the computer
Thanks Chris - unfortunately that didn't work. I tried on both my Mac and PC - multiple times, following the steps precisely. I eventually found a DVI-D source that worked, was able to access the full on screen menu, and reset to factory settings. Then my DisplayPort sources started working again. In my opinion, it is a huge mistake to only allow factory reset to be accessible once a compatible source is successfully connected. I was in a chicken and egg scenario (you must have a display successfully connected to reset factory settings to fix the problem of not being able to successfully connect a display...). Regards, and thanks for your reply.