Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2017 23:00

U3014, out of warranty, just died

S/N CN-0P1V6N-74445-34H-082L Rev A01 date Apr 2013

Working great for 4 years, powered on probably 90% of the time. Suddenly it only displays smudges that stretch the vertical length of the screen and move (seems to me it is trying to display the "no device connected" box.)

On power on all 5 lights illuminate normally.

When I press the menu, lights 2-4 light up and a black smudge the vertical length of the screen on the far right side.

Tried with no monitors and 3 machines with DVI, HDMI and DP connectors.

The self test using buttons 1 and 4 don't work, but I tried it on my identical U3014 that is working and nothing happened there either.

I know it is out of warrantee, but is there anything I can do to fix it? It seems bad that I must throw away a 1500USD monitor because some small component failed. Not only that, investing in the latest model at around 2000USD seems like a bad idea when I can purchase a display that has service centers in Thailand...

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 15th, 2017 07:00

Per the U3014 User's Guide page 63, if the Built-in Diagnostics cannot run, the monitor is faulty. Unfortunately, Dell does not repair monitors, sell monitor components, or have disassembly documentation. Your only option is to take it to a local TV repair center to see if they can diagnose the issue. Then look for spare parts on eBay or craigslist.

2 Posts

June 15th, 2017 14:00

The answer you gave is the right answer, but the solution has to be not to invest in monitors that cannot be repaired. As the top end Dell's are the most expensive monitors in Thailand, I would be a fool to invest in throw away monitors that cost thousands of dollars. I currently run 4 computers and 4 monitors, I will not be buying another Dell...

1 Message

November 25th, 2018 02:00

Did you ever figure this one out? Repair shop that worked ok?

Mine just did the exact same thing and I'm using 3x U3014 on my computer.... I'm hesitant to buy a U3017 which is already EOS to replace it if the other ones follow the same pattern.

2 Posts

July 10th, 2019 07:00

Any updates on this?

Bought a U3014 on 2013. I think it died today..

Link with a picture.

https://imgur.com/THbD2AE

No Events found!