jincuteguy
1 Nickel

U3014 revision A03?

In the sticky "Why you should not buy a monitor from a reseller", it said that their stock could be getting old with old revision numbers.  But I talked to a Dell rep yesterday about if I order a Dell U3014 30" monitor from Dell, could I get a A03 Revision one? And the rep told me she could not do that and she said it's random. So isn't that the same as buying from a Reseller? The only difference is the 3 year warranty from Dell.

0 Kudos
17 Replies

RE: A03 U3014 30" monitor!

They were correct in that we cannot "choose" a revision. But buying new from us should get you the latest revision. That does not apply to the Dell Outlet. The resellers will never have the latest revision.

0 Kudos
jincuteguy
1 Nickel

But do you guys have A03 Rev as "new" ? Cause I thought all A03 are Refurbished? And most new ones are A02

0 Kudos

The displays team told us that all new purchases would be A03. All Used/Refurbished monitor purchases or exchanges will get either the A03 or a fixed A02. The fixed A02s will technically be at A03 but the label was not changed in all service centers.

0 Kudos
rkhrt27
2 Iron

Chris,

How long ago were you told new purchases would be A03 in the USA? I have only seen one post of someone who has received one. I don't want to play the exchange game when I buy one and want to make sure I get an A03 the first time.

Thanks

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
rkhrt27
2 Iron

RE: U3014 revision A03?

I would appreciate it. Thanks
0 Kudos

They told us that as of 12/20, all NEW purchases from the Dell sales website should be A03. All refurbished purchases and exchanges will be the fixed A02. But we have doubts. I would still wait until January 10 to buy to be sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
rkhrt27
2 Iron

Thanks Chris. What's special about Jan 10?

0 Kudos

Nothing. I was just thinking it would give you a buffer period. Perhaps more buyers will come forward stating what revision they got.

0 Kudos