1 Copper

U3219Q, Burn-in after 6 hours on WhatsApp

Hi everyone. Because of the coronavirus we have to continue our work from home. Thus, I needed a monitor and I bought the Dell UltraSharp 32" U3219Q on last Monday (March 16, 2020) I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 15" and I'm connecting the <not tested/validated by Dell> MacBook Pro to the U3219Q via the USB Type-C cable which comes with the U3219Q. 

On Monday, I accidentally kept open the WhatsApp page for 6 hours and I found out I can clearly see the shadow of the WhatsApp page inside the dark solid colors as you can see below.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.15.12.jpg

After I unplug and wait for 2 hours. The WhatsApp page shadow gone. This is really frustrating. I don't know what should I do. Should I return? But If I return it will hard for me to work at home. Is there any solution about this matter? I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: U3219Q, Burn-in after 6 hours on WhatsApp

If you did not purchase this monitor directly from Dell, you need to fill out the Service Tag number Ownership Transfer form.

We cannot speak to the not tested/validated by Dell Apple operating system. In the supported Windows operating system, we would recommend that you start using a screensaver. I have mine set to turn on after 5 minutes.

Letting any website sit static for 6 hours will create that burn-in image. See above.

See page 52 in the online U3219Q User's Guide for, "LCD Conditioning".

Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer. I just upload a video to deep dive about my problem. I made a 30 minutes of image retention testing.

https://youtu.be/a2uweEMeqlg

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Leaving a static image on the LCD will produce image retention. Which is why you should simply engage a screensaver after 5 minutes and periodically use the U3219Q LCD Conditioning.