Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

March 20th, 2020 02:00

U3219Q, Burn-in after 6 hours on WhatsApp

Hi everyone. Because of the coronavirus we have to continue our work from home. Thus, I needed a monitor and I bought the Dell UltraSharp 32" U3219Q on last Monday (March 16, 2020) I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 15" and I'm connecting the MacBook Pro to the U3219Q via the USB Type-C cable which comes with the U3219Q. 

On Monday, I accidentally kept open the WhatsApp page for 6 hours and I found out I can clearly see the shadow of the WhatsApp page inside the dark solid colors as you can see below.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.15.12.jpg

After I unplug and wait for 2 hours. The WhatsApp page shadow gone. This is really frustrating. I don't know what should I do. Should I return? But If I return it will hard for me to work at home. Is there any solution about this matter? I hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 20th, 2020 11:00

If you did not purchase this monitor directly from Dell, you need to fill out the Service Tag number Ownership Transfer form.

We cannot speak to the not tested/validated by Dell Apple operating system. In the supported Windows operating system, we would recommend that you start using a screensaver. I have mine set to turn on after 5 minutes.

Letting any website sit static for 6 hours will create that burn-in image. See above.

See page 52 in the online U3219Q User's Guide for, "LCD Conditioning".

March 21st, 2020 02:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer. I just upload a video to deep dive about my problem. I made a 30 minutes of image retention testing.

https://youtu.be/a2uweEMeqlg

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 21st, 2020 09:00

Leaving a static image on the LCD will produce image retention. Which is why you should simply engage a screensaver after 5 minutes and periodically use the U3219Q LCD Conditioning.

No Events found!