When I plug my U3415W into my PC (STRIX GTX 970) using the DP to DP cable, the resolution is correct, but there's a very slight blur to the image. I'm still able to read the characters, but there's clearly some distortion issue.
When I use the mDP (monitor) to DP (GFX card) cable or HDMI cable, the results are flawless. I've updated the latest firmware/drivers for both the graphics card and the monitor(M3B103).
Has anyone else run into this issue, or have any idea what it could be from?
* For my notes, click my name and private message me the U3415W service tag number and 20 digit serial number
* Test a different DP to DP cable
* Does the 970 have a mDP in port to test? DP (U3415W) to mDP (970) ?
* Test DP to DP using a different PC
Thanks for the quick response. I can get you the serial/tag info tonight.
I've tried two separate DP-DP cables, and they both exhibit the same behavior. They were both Monoprice cables, so I just placed an order for a different brand and will try that when it arrives.
Unfortunately, the 970 doesn't have a mDP to test.
I'll also try to get a different PC to test as well.
I would also do a "power reset, no cabling" to see if it fixes the DP to DP issue =
* Turn the monitor off
* Disconnect every cable (including the power cable) from the rear and side of the monitor
* If a mechanical monitor power button, press the button in for 8 seconds (clears any residual power in the circuits). If not a mechanical power button, just wait 8 seconds
* Reconnect only the monitor power cable and DP to DP cable. Then retest
I've tried an additional cable, the "power reset, no cabling", as well as an additional video source. They all seem to exhibit the same behavior. I'm going to PM you the details of the monitor. Are there any further ways to diagnose this issue? Thanks.