Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

18 Posts

April 29th, 2019 05:00

U3417W, KVM doesn't disconnect 2nd source when switching

Good morning,

I just got this monitor and set up KVM, it works pretty well. However, when you are switching sources, the 2nd computer (not on display) doesn't actually get disconnected from this monitor. That means that, for example, on a laptop display with the lid open, it still thinks the 2nd display is connect and the Dell monitor is simply hiding it.

Is there any way to make it DISCONNECT the source that isn't showing in this KVM function, so that all of the programs can rearrange on remaining monitors (like a laptop display)? Either through settings, firmware update, or maybe DDM? Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

April 29th, 2019 06:00

shadrock,

Is there any way to make it DISCONNECT the source that isn't showing in this KVM function?

* Only by turning the Laptop OFF or physically disconnecting it from the U3417W.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message

• 

16.7K Posts

April 29th, 2019 07:00

shadrock,

I have not heard of any firmware updates coming for this monitor. I will provide your recommendation to our engineering team.

All we can do is check the U3417W driver page.

18 Posts

April 29th, 2019 07:00

This is not how traditional KVMs work, is there any plan to update this via firmware or other means in the future? Could I make that recommendation (even if it's adding an option so the user can pick)?

No Events found!