Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2016 18:00

U3417W Low Contrast? Bad Review by Digital Trends

Specs show that the U3417W has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 yet when Digital Trends review it they said it only had a 380:1 ratio. I mean I know that usually those kind of specs are over exaggerated a bit but that difference seems a bit much. Plus they mention that the U3415W, the model that precedes this one, has a contrast ration of 730:1. Is this review legit or did they mess up somehow when determining the contrast ratio?

www.digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/dell-u3417w-review 

• 

16.7K Posts

December 15th, 2016 10:00

Phreedom,

We cannot validate their Spyder5 calibration results. I cannot find any other reviewer validating their testing results.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

December 15th, 2016 14:00

Also, the reviewer had to change Display- Uniformity Compensation to Off before doing their test. My guess is that they did not do this.

2 Posts

December 15th, 2016 16:00

Yeah I'm guessing they did something wrong because it just doesn't make sense that the contrast ratio would be that low. I've had mine for a week now and nothing is indicating to me that the contrast ratio is that low then again I am not an expert on such matters.

1 Message

December 18th, 2016 23:00

Just picked up this monitor for my son couple of days ago. Have to wait till xmas to try this out. I did got a little concerned about that review, please post reply if anyone can validate the results. If contrast ratio really is that low, I have no choise but to return this.

No Events found!