Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

November 13th, 2021 17:00

U3421WE, Windows 11, DDM, input switch shortcut not working

So I've got a U3421WE which is being used with both a desktop PC via DP and an 14" M1 Macbook Pro via USB-C.  Everything works properly on the mac side, I can assign a keyboard shortcuts via the input manager tab of DDM and have it toggle over to my PC.

The issue is on the PC side. No matter what I set the input switch shortcut key to in the DDM input manager, nothing works. The keyboard shortcuts do not work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? I've got the latest firmware on the monitor and the latest version of DDM / Windows 11. Is this a known issue with Windows 11 and DDM? I've scoured the internet for an answer but haven't found this exact issue discussed.

December 15th, 2021 01:00

I can switch from DP to USBC but I cannot switch USBC to DP, probably a bug on DDM MAC

December 15th, 2021 16:00

I also have this problem. I can switch from USB-C to HDMI 1 using the keyboard shortcut but cannot switch from HDMI 1 to USB-C. Also switched the devices on each input round and HDMI 1 to USB-C still doesn't work. 

Hope this gets fixed asap.

425 Posts

December 16th, 2021 14:00

How is the PC keyboard connected?

December 17th, 2021 03:00

Logitech dongle connected to the monitor

If I set the favourite input shortcut key to "CTRL+ALT+NUM PLUS" and set that to change to HDMI2 it switches if I set that to change to USBC it doesn't switch. It's like the software has lost the mapping to the USBC input if you press the 'Change active input..' button and select USBC it will not switch. 

Side note - I don't know if this is related but I did update to the latest monitor firmware in the last week. 

425 Posts

December 17th, 2021 12:00

I am not sure why you'd have a problem. I have 2 NB PCs: one is connected to the U34 via USB-C only; the other is connected to the U34 via HDMI1 *and* the USB 3.2 upstream connector. I have a Logitech USB keyboard and mouse receiver plugged into the USB-A downstream connector on the bottom of the U34.

DDM is running on both PCs, and on both the DDM "Input switch shortcut key" is set to Ctrl+Shift+X, and the switch is set to HDMI1 <<>> USB-C.

I can hit Ctrl+Shift+X on the Logitech keyboard, and the U34 active screen to switch back and forth between the PC connected via USB-C and the PC connected via HDMI1+USB-A.

January 11th, 2022 04:00

Have you updated to the latest firmware for the monitor and the latest version of display manager? I have a feeling that is where my problems were introduced. 

No Events found!