I have Dell U3818DW connected with DP to a Dell Aurora R7 using the Nvidia GTX 1070. When the U3818DW is connected with HDMI, it wakes up fine with no issues. But then my secondary monitor (Dell U2713HM) flickers off and on and is unusable.
I have tried multiple DP cables as well as different DP ports on Nvidia GTX 1070. The Nvidia GTX 1070 works great with both monitors hooked up with DP, but the U3818DW will not wake up after sleep. I disconnected the U2713HM and still the U3818DW will not wake up.
If I power cycle the U3818DW after waking the PC, it comes right up.
This is quite annoying and all my components are Dell except I did add an NVMe SSD for a faster boot drive.
I have search the internet a lot for any solution and my particular U3818DW does not have an option to disable deep sleep in the monitors OSD.
OK. So your U3818DW has the latest M3B106 firmware which means it already has the fixes from M3B103 and M3B105
* Turn the Aurora R7, U3818DW, and U2713HM off
* Disconnect all monitor video cables from the Nvidia GTX 1070
* Disconnect all monitor USB cables from the Aurora R7
* Disconnect every cable (including power cable) and USB devices from the U3818DW
* Press and hold in the U3818DW power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cable to the U3818DW
* Only connect the U3818DW to the Aurora R7 using the DP to DP cable and USB 3.0 upstream cable that shipped with the U3818DW
* Turn them both on and retest
I will try this tomorrow as it's somewhat of a hassle with my setup and I'm working today. I will report back if it fixes the issue....or not