Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2018 02:00

U3818DW, PBP, force HDMI 1/2 input to left/right half of display

Hi, got a nice new (U3818DW) Monitor and wanted to finalize my setup - but I'm struggling a bit with my picture-by-picture (PBP) setup I sometimes use. I want the (HDMI) inputs to be forced to either right or left side of the display. Like:

Desktop 1 ---> via HDMI 1 input ----> forced to the left side of the display in PBP mode
Notebook 1 ---> via HDMI 2 input ----> forced to the right side of the display in PBP mode

What I see is, depending on the "startup/initializing phase" of the clients, that the left side of the PBP mode is somewhat preferred and is the first half that's going to be populated/displayed. Getting it populated right is a lot of on/off struggling - not what I want. Is there any way I am able to force the inputs to either side of the display? Or is there a quick way to switch sides?

37 Posts

April 23rd, 2018 03:00

Hi d.e.v.o,

For the configuration that you want to use you should manually select the input source and change it from auto to HDMI1 then under PIP/PBP you can set the PIP/PBP(Sub) which should be HDMI2.

the primary input source should be on the left of the monitor and the sub should be on the right when using PBP on this monitor.

Alternatively the video swap option in the PIP/PBP in the menu will swap the position of the sources on the monitor.

Hope this helps.

Mick.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2018 04:00

Thx Mick! This is it. And also for pointing out the "Video Swap" thing. More than happy now \o/

No Events found!