Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2016 21:00

UP2414Q half screen on right side brighter than left side (Macbook Pro Retina)

Dell UP2414Q on Macbook Retina 15-Inch Late 2013, via Display Port 1.2 / MST

Recently all of the sudden my screen went black when connected via Display Port 1.2 which seemed to be problem due to cable. As I could connect to it via Mini Display Port (but not in 60Hz)

After getting a new cable I can connect again via Display Port in 60Hz (with Display Port 1.2 enabled) but now I have a line in the middle of the screen which was never there before (see below photo):

I assume that could be something related to the MST but I can't fix it. The NVIDIA Cuda drivers are on latest version and I've also reseted NVRAM and SMC on my notebook with no different effect. 

I've tried different display port cables all with same results as well.What can I do?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 15:00

Does the issue appear when running the UP2414Q stand alone BID (Built-in Diagnostic), page 51?

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 20:00

I've tried a lot of things back and forth and it seems to look like it was related to the 'Color Settings'  - 'Zonal Color Space' which were messed up somehow. After reseting all the color settings it looks like its back to norma. Will keep on monitoring it.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2016 06:00

Ok. The default for Zonal Color Space is OFF. See page 33.

3 Posts

April 21st, 2017 13:00

I was never able to get rid of this problem, even a factory reset doesn't solve it. Enabling Zonal Color Space and using sRGB allows me to tweak "Contrast(2)" a little bit to improve this.

I would love to know how to fix this, the vertical line is annoying

No Events found!