Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2014 20:00

UP2414Q has issues waking up from sleep

I've seen other posts on the internet and unfortunately I'm having the same issue. When my computer goes to sleep then wakes up, I generally have to turn my monitor off and on again to get it to work. About half the time I even have to do it two or more times before it starts working. Very frustrating. It's such a gorgeous monitor too. Some stats about my computer: -Video card: XFX R7 260X -Running Windows 8.1 -Using the DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor. The mini side is connected to the monitor. -My UP2414Q is my sole monitor -Does it with DisplayPort 1.2 mode on or off -My old 24" monitor ran fine with no problems on this computer, seems unique to this monitor -I installed the monitor driver for this monitor from the Dell website I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 26th, 2014 07:00

Mr Pete,

Dees the video card have an HDMI port to test on the monitor HDMI to see if it also has the same issue? Have you disconnected the monitor USB cabling from the computer to see if USB is the culprit?
DELL-Chris M

4 Posts

February 26th, 2014 08:00

I tested it with an HDMI cable instead of DisplayPort. Same issue, if not even more inconsistent. I tested it three times, and one time it took me 5 minutes to get the screen to wake up. I've never used the USB cabling. It's still in the box.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 27th, 2014 04:00

* Click Start
* Enter power
* Click Power Options
* Click Change plan settings
* Click Change advanced power settings
* Select High Performance
* Open PCI Express
* Open Link State Power Management
* Set it to Off
* Click Apply- OK
* Retest

4 Posts

February 27th, 2014 08:00

Much better! I tried changing just the Link State Power Management under Balanced to Off in power options which had no effect. Changing to High Performance however seemed to work. I've tested it ~10 times so far and it has been waking up every time.

10 Posts

March 4th, 2014 10:00

Much better! I tried changing just the Link State Power Management under Balanced to Off in power options which had no effect. Changing to High Performance however seemed to work. I've tested it ~10 times so far and it has been waking up every time.

Win7 x64,  R9 270, Catalyst 13.12, and 14.2beta, Dell UP2414Q,  DP 1.2  60hz

These power management settings don't fix anything here.   Monitor still fails to wake up about half the time, requiring a power-off, power-on to bring the display back.    I haven't been able to find a pattern for when it wakes and when it doesn't.     Dell UP2414Q and displayport are not ready for prime-time.

4 Posts

March 4th, 2014 11:00

Yeah even though it consistently started working the first day, the next day it went back to not waking up :( The monitor has serious issues.

3 Posts

March 5th, 2014 13:00

I had this problem back in early January with my new UP2414Q but in my case it would take as much as 30 minutes or more to get the monitor to work.  Leaving the heat on overnight in my office helped a lot.  But, a replacement monitor solved the problem completely.  I now see the BIOS on startup and always have a working monitor upon recovering from sleep or a morning cold-boot.  I still have the common stability problem if I try to use DisplayPort 1.2.

38 Posts

March 6th, 2014 23:00

Hopefully on the 24 4k its just a driver issue, Im on Nvidia and no issues on supplied mini dp 1.2 mst 60hz

1 Message

May 7th, 2014 23:00

Sorry but it is not a videocard vendor issue. I have tested both amd and nvidia, multiple drivers and the problem is the same all over. 

77 Posts

May 30th, 2014 13:00

Same issue with its bigger brother. The thread also contains info as to what fixes the issue: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19536443.aspx

August 7th, 2014 16:00

I had a similar issue. i fixed my issue by changing the time the BIOS screen is shown from 2 to 5 seconds.

No Events found!