* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "No Dell Service Tag number? No registration? Exchange instructions"

0 Kudos
bn8959
1 Copper

RE: UP2414Q won't reliably resume from sleep or reboot using mDP to DP cable

Hello

I am having exactly the same problem - the two screens frequently do not wake up after a computer sleep or shutdown. I have to power off and on at least once. I am using the included DP to mDP cables connected to a late 2013 Mac Pro running OS X 10.9.3. DP 1.2 is enabled. Is there any update on this issue - it is a real pain.

Thanks, Ben

We do not test on apple hardware, so how can there be an update? DELL-Chris M

0 Kudos
huffandy
1 Nickel

I'm wanting an update also. Chris, I seen on a different forum (like this) there is a firmware update to A01. I would like to know how I can get this exchange. Like many, I want the DP 1.2 issue resolved. 

Rampage III GENE
24GB RAM
single eVGA black TITAN
Monitor: UP2414Q - single

0 Kudos

huffandy,

Contact Customer Support and request a used/refurbished exchange to get the A01 revision. A new exchange will only get you the A00 revision.

0 Kudos
huffandy
1 Nickel

Thanks, I will give it a shot.
0 Kudos
huffandy
1 Nickel

Hi, Chris, I am having trouble. I need a service tag number. And when I call customer support they transfer me the technical support. Do I say I need a new monitor, I said I wanted the new revision one and they were confused. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, Andrew
0 Kudos

24" and smaller monitors do not have a service tag number. Customer Support should be asking for the Dell Order number. No, not new, only a used exchange will be the newest revision.

0 Kudos
huffandy
1 Nickel

Hi, they referred me to EVGA on this issue.  I did a support ticket for EVGA and for this case, using MST (Daisy-chaining) on the single monitor they said it was the TITAN BIOS and that was it.  So, they are going to replace the BIOS with an MST compatible one for free!  It was covered under warranty, so I am in luck 

0 Kudos
progentor
1 Nickel

I am thinking about buying this monitor new. You have advised that the issue can only be fixed by a used monitor exchange. Are the new monitors being sold through the Dell website A01 or still AO0? In other words are the new monitors still exhibiting the issue? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fplanque
1 Nickel

The A01 revision still has the same issue. I have 2 of them. Both have the problem. 

0 Kudos