emallen1
1 Nickel

UP2716D, Calibration options for printing

I am an amateur photographer. I just bought a new UP2716D monitor a month ago. The color mode is set to RGB standard. I am using an HP Envy with Nvidia GeForce 940MX graphics. I print in Adobe RGB using an Epson 3880 printer. The colors are fine. But the saturation of the prints is less than what is seen on the screen. How can I correct this? I have not calibrated this monitor because it is new and factory calibrated. How often should I calibrate this monitor?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Calibration of new UP 2716D Monitor

For general users, the Dell calibration is usually fine. Advanced users such as a photographer will want to calibrate the monitor to their subjective specifications using additional calibration hardware (colorimeter) and software. You can use our customized X-Rite calibration software alongside the X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter. Or use a 3rd party hardware (colorimeter) and software. As to how often, that is subjective to your results.

0 Kudos
emallen1
1 Nickel

Thank you, Chris.  

As regards, the saturation issue, can I make adjustments to saturation, brightness, etc in color settings without having to re-calibrate?

0 Kudos

You can try. There is a Brightness/Contrast and Custom Color Saturation option in the OSD (On Screen Display), page 36. But first go to Others and Factory Reset it. Then make any changes.

0 Kudos