Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2015 03:00

UP3214Q, Firmware update?

Hello. I have issues with waking up monitor or detecting it by my laptop, and sometimes I need to display port two times to be detected by computer and monitor then display correct image. I read some from Dell support says just send monitor back to them and they will send replacement with new firmware update. Not in my case there is no chance for that. I bought it from polish ebay store without any serial numbers on back of monitor, on auction was written is a monitor given by Dell for display purposes to shops as a marketing stuff. What all that means is that I have no warranty at all but a price was 50% of new then I was not thinking long and previous my monitor was as well Dell U3011, and I have no problem at all. And what I need is instructions and firmware it self to make update by myself, some person from Dell support write on that post there is complicated process and is chance for bricking out my monitor but to be honest what else choice I have? If support from Dell read this please gave me that instruction and firmware file, I will give it a try.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 08:00

Unfortunately, that is not possible. Dell does not release firmware updates to customers for this model. Firmware updates are only done in our service centers on returned monitors. Then those fixed monitors are used as exchanges. Because this monitor does not have a label with a service tag number, you are not eligible pay Dell to fix it via "out of warranty" services.

January 22nd, 2015 10:00

Your response really make me day then what i can do with this monitor your company is manufacturing? Is for sure last display i bought from your company, i change brand to NEC and will recommend to all of my professional friends, who uses monitors for day to day work, and not day to day problems.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 22nd, 2015 10:00

You did not buy it from Dell, you bought it off of eBay. Second, the auction told you that all Dell labels had been removed and that the monitor was simply a shop show case item. So no warranty support. If you had purchased directly from Dell, you would have received the full support of the warranty purchased.

No Events found!