Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2015 17:00

UP3214Q REV02 - all windows resized to 1024x786 and moved to the upper left after monitor power cycle

Hi

I recently got a REV02 model as my REV01 developed a defect. However, it seems as if those screens retain their unwilligness to allow us to save power by turning the display off when you need a bathroom break, coffe break, or whatever. Whenever you switch off the screen, then turn it back on (be it a few seconds later, or minutes up to hours later), all your open windows will be resized to 1024x786 pixels and placed in the upper left corner of the screen.

This happens on both nVidia and Intel cards (GTX780TI on drivers 347.52, intel Hd4400 on 15.36.14.4080 drivers). I've already gone throug the entire playbook GFX card makers offer, so reset screen, remove drivers with driver uninstallers and perform a clean drive reinstall, as well as swapping out cables (I have a bunch of dell apprived cables when they initially didn't want to send me an A01 to fix the half picture & sleep issue the A00's had). It happens in both DP1.1 and DP1.2 mode and it happens 10 times out of 10. 

Anyone with a UP3214Q that sees this behavior as well? BTW it is my 3rd REVA02 unit, they all exhibit the same behavior (exchanges weren't made because of that, but it confirms the issue is not related to a faulty unit).

Cheers

234 Posts

March 12th, 2015 04:00

This is a common problem among UHD monitors, lots of posts here about this - they take longer to wake up causing the GFX driver to set them to a safe, lower resolution before setting them to their native resolution. The very latest 14.2 AMD drivers look to correct this issue, and you'll likely see the same kind of fix in future drivers from NVidia and Intel.

In the meantime, if you use Dell Display Manager (DDM) and are comfortable editing the registry, try adding the value "RestoreWindowLayout" to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EnTech\DDM and set it to 1 (dword).

You'll need to have the latest version of DDM (b.1554) for this to work; hold down the Shift key while right-clicking on the DDM notification tray icon, and select "Check for new version" from the popup menu.

No Events found!