T3CK
1 Nickel

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I work for NVIDIA Software QA team.  We have just posted a GeForce 337.61 hotfix display driver to address the half screen issue with the UltraSharp UP3214Q/UP2414Q LCD monitor.  Direct links available from the KBA below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3491

Thank you, when are you going to release it as stable? I don't like to install beta software on my PC.

0 Kudos
Psychor
1 Nickel

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I work for NVIDIA Software QA team.  We have just posted a GeForce 337.61 hotfix display driver to address the half screen issue with the UltraSharp UP3214Q/UP2414Q LCD monitor.  Direct links available from the KBA below:

pidge2k, can you please explain what exactly was required to fix the issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
prenetic
1 Nickel

[quote user="pidge2k"]

I've installed the drivers to what seems to be success. I made two attempts to upgrade the drivers first, though I suspect the BSODs I was running into were related to my SLI configuration (which always seems buggy when enabling/disabling).

With a custom/clean driver installation the drivers were laid down just fine and I seem to be back in business. Will need to do more testing to confirm.

[/quote]

Half-screen and blank screen issues when changing resolutions and restarting seems to be resolved, however I'm still encountering instances where the display does not successfully come back from power-saving.

Note: This is not from full system sleep (S1/POS or S3/STR) but merely "Turn off display" in Windows Power Options. I have not tested whether or not the display reliably comes back from a full system sleep.

0 Kudos
pidge2k
2 Iron

Quadro cards are supported in this driver as well however they are not highlighted in the article.  

0 Kudos
pidge2k
2 Iron

We are still several weeks away from our next driver hence why we released a hotfix driver at this time.

0 Kudos
pidge2k
2 Iron

I'll pass this along to our software team.  What graphics card are you using?  What OS?  What video BIOS version is on your card (you may check this from the System Information link on the bottom left hand corner of the NVIDIA Control Panel?

0 Kudos
happy hopping
1 Nickel

Pidge2K, let me go slightly off topic on this issue.  As I post the same problem at YOUR nvidia forum and no1 has response:

I do NOT have a 4K monitor, I won't be buying 1 until May when REV A1 is fully available, and yet I have virtual identical problem since I switch to display port on my HP ZR30 2560x1600:

I was using 2 x HP ZR30. 2560x1600 on your nvidia GT 440 for a few year, never have any problem.  I upgrade to a 650 GTX Ti Boost w/ the new nvidia driver, and at the same time, I switch to display port from DVI dual link, since then, the following problem occurs w/ so many ver. of your drivers, from Mar. 2013 driver to Sept. Oct. Nov. 2013, and now Feb. 2014 driver.

Current set up, 1 x 650 GTX Ti Boost connects 1 x  Pioneer RX-v573 integrated amp. connects to 1 x 60" Sharp LCD TV via HDMI port, 2 x 2560 x 1600 HP ZR30, 1 via display port, 1 via Dual link DVI.  Main screen is the ZR30 via display port.

1) Boot up text screen does NOT show on my main display (my 30"), rather at my 60" LED TV. It is somehow thinking the 60" is my main until win 7 properly boot up.

However, if I disconnect my display port, then connect my main screen (30" at 2560x1600) via dual link  DVI, then the boot up text screen shows up on my main screen, the way it has been all those years when I have that GT 440 and those few year old nvidia driver

2) Under display port 1.2: If I turned off all monitors (PC remains on), when I turn back on those monitors, I have to remember to turn on the main monitor first. 

a) If I turn on the Pioneer Rx-v573 first, which connects to the Sharp 60" LCD TV, then turns on the main screen HP ZR30, sometimes  it won't turn on.  I would have no display, and the solution is move my cursor to my 2nd HP ZR30, go to screen resolution and select DETECT for the video card to re-detect the main screen.

b) Sometimes both my main and 2nd HP ZR30 screen went blank if I turn the Pioneer on first, and I am force to re-boot, as the 3rd sceen the Sharp 60" also went dark

3)  Now, w/ the scenario listed at #2, instead of display port, if I were to connect that main screen using dual link DVI and,  if I turned off all monitors (PC remains on), when I turn back on those monitors,

a) If I turn on the Pioneer Rx-v573 first, which connects to the Sharp 60" LCD TV, then turns on the main screen HP ZR30, sometimes the software originally running on my main screen 30" would move to my Sharp 60", and that's the the worst case scenario

================

My PC does not have sleep mode via win 7, but the monitor do turn off after 15 min.  The computer is brand new.  I custom build it myself in Dec. 2013, the following is the spec.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS running 16 GB of Kingston DDR3, 1333MHz RAM

2 x XEon 4 core E5-2609 2.4GHz

Win 7 Pro, w/ SP1, 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ipv6ready
2 Bronze

Hi Chris,

Is the new firmware update tested with Intel HD displayport 1.2 mst?

The old firmware on UP3214Q  got issues when used with Latitude e7240 i7 via mini disport 1.2 MST

Thanks

0 Kudos
tompp21
2 Bronze

I've talked to support about a month ago. Issue# 215499-1642958, got no further communication from Dell. Do i need to make <deleted> to get them to talk, or it just takes forever ?

0 Kudos
Tim678
1 Copper

NVidia has posted a hotfix driver 337.61 which they state addresses the half screen issue. I have applied and it is working well. It now boots Win 8.1 full screen.
0 Kudos