Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2013 08:00

UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I got some more problems with the UP3214Q: Every couple of computer starts, once I get the login screen displayed, only half the screen shows a picture (the right hand side), with the left half being black. After login, I get the full picture. Prior to the login screen, I also have full screen picture (BIOS screen, Windows loading screen). The second issue is even more annoying: If I power off the device while my PC is still running, then power it back on, I will never get a picture again. No amount of hitting random keys and klicking about (I can hear windows and moan in the background If I manage to blindly hit the wrong option) will get back any picture. Neither will switching to another input then back, nor will unplugging the displayport cable from the machine, or putting the machine to sleep and returning it back from sleep. The only way to get the picture back is to shut down the shut down the machine completely, then boot it up again. Is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with my display?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 19th, 2014 20:00

palitoloco,

"We tried with couple quadros, low end k600 and k4000 with latest drivers and we had the same problem. Half screen, and won't wake up from sleep or after turning off the monitor."

Did you test the beta R337.61 driver?

8 Posts

April 19th, 2014 23:00

Chris

We didn't tried with the beta R337.61 driver for couple reasons. One was TIME, we had a big deadline for a project, so not much time to play with the monitor and fix the problem. Second, the monitor we received, seemed to be an open item, refurbished, or something was just not right about the monitor, it was an A00 model with scratches all over the back, imprinted fingers all over the back, bended monitor stand and the corners of the monitor were a bit dusty and dirty. 

We do a lot of architectural visualization and definitely this monitor is a perfect candidate for our work, is a big commitment buying 6 or more of these big bad boys, especially with the bugs currently have. So we decided to return it, and order another one, and I believe, it should arrive next week, hopefully this time, it will be the latest model and be "NEW". I will keep you posted with the R337.61 driver see how it behaves.

Thanks

paolo

13 Posts

April 20th, 2014 09:00

A bit more detail: Beta 337.61 drivers. The two problems are: 1) I see the initial BIOS screens, and I have Windows set to show the driver loading sequence (OS boot information) from the MSConfig "Boot," but the driver loading sequence never shows up (and never runs?) when the monitor is powered on and in 60Hz mode. Powered off it boots fine, so if I wait for the "Windows has loaded" sound I can then turn on the monitor and all is happy, unless 2) I configure my system to sleep the monitor. Once it sleeps, it never wakes up again until I power off the monitor, reboot, then power on the monitor.

It boots fine and shows all driver loading information in 30Hz mode.

The Beta driver 337.61 made no difference for me.

My system is a Core i7 965.

20 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 06:00

We are investigating the issue with coming out of standby.  

Regards,

Manuel
NVIDIA Forums Tech Advisor

32 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 08:00

I've had a UP3214Q since Nov/Dec of 2013. Sometime after Nvidia released the latest beta drivers I unboxed my Dell and hooked it back up to my main system (Tri-SLI GTX 780 Ti Classifieds). It's been a couple of days or so  and I've experience no issues with the Dell displaying image information on half the screen. I've even powered down and reboot more times then I can count. Some good news. :emotion-5:

What I have noticed, however, is that having the Dell Display Manager program install will cause Windows 8 to blue screen like crazy with the latest Nvidia beta drivers. This was not an issue with the prior Nvidia drivers. Hopefully Dell can fix that on their end.

32 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 11:00

I've had a UP3214Q since Nov/Dec of 2013. Sometime after Nvidia released the latest beta drivers I unboxed my Dell and hooked it back up to my main system (Tri-SLI GTX 780 Ti Classifieds). It's been a couple of days or so  and I've experience no issues with the Dell displaying image information on half the screen. I've even powered down and reboot more times then I can count. Some good news. :emotion-5:

What I have noticed, however, is that having the Dell Display Manager program install will cause Windows 8 to blue screen like crazy with the latest Nvidia beta drivers. This was not an issue with the prior Nvidia drivers. Hopefully Dell can fix that on their end.

It seems that I spoke too soon. While the display was asleep (not my PC) I moved my mouse to wake the display. It powered on just fine.

However, the resolution was not correct - it was as if the resolution was set to a non-default resolution at full screen. I checked the screen resolution settings in Windows and it was correct. To fix the issue I had to switch the screen resolution to a non-default resolution and then back to the default to fix the issue. :emotion-8:

8 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 21:00

We received a new monitor version A00 november 2013, using the latest gforce driver with the K600 quadro card and all the problems are gone. Everything seems to be working just fine. We are going to get a second monitor and see if we get any hiccups.

Chris do you know if Nvidia are going to upgrade their quadro drivers to support the dell monitor properly? I am currently using the Gforce, but I will be more comfortable using the quadro drivers for my professional architectural work.

Only problem I have is mouse lag, kind of annoying. Anybody has any ideas how to reduce mouse lag and keyboard lag?

thanks!

4 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 22:00

GeForce 337.61 hotfix seems to have fixed the half screen problem for me. I haven't experienced it since I installed the hotfix last week. However, and sadly, the monitor goes immediately to sleep right after the blue Windows 8.1 logo appears during boot, and the monitor won't wake up after that. I have to force shutdown the machine, disconnect the power from the monitor and retry. Usually I have to retry two times in a row, sometimes three or four times. After installing 337.61, the monitor always goes to sleep during boot. With driver 337.50, going to sleep during boot, appeared to be more random. I'm using a GTX 780Ti in a Dell T7600.

32 Posts

April 23rd, 2014 22:00

Only problem I have is mouse lag, kind of annoying. Anybody has any ideas how to reduce mouse lag and keyboard lag?

thanks!

Are you running the display at 60Hz (MST mode)? If not then you're going to be experiencing some nasty mouse lazy at 30Hz which is what it's set to by default.

8 Posts

April 24th, 2014 08:00

the mouse lag and keyboard lag is only when I use firefox. but everything else is fine.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 24th, 2014 13:00

Quick poll of the GTX 780 users...if you are using a Dell computer (Alienware, etc.) or using a home built computer. Just shoot me a PM. I am going through the entire thread now.

32 Posts

April 26th, 2014 23:00

the mouse lag and keyboard lag is only when I use firefox. but everything else is fine.

Disable "Hardware Acceleration" in Firefox.

32 Posts

April 27th, 2014 00:00

GeForce 337.61 hotfix seems to have fixed the half screen problem for me. I haven't experienced it since I installed the hotfix last week. However, and sadly, the monitor goes immediately to sleep right after the blue Windows 8.1 logo appears during boot, and the monitor won't wake up after that. I have to force shutdown the machine, disconnect the power from the monitor and retry. Usually I have to retry two times in a row, sometimes three or four times. After installing 337.61, the monitor always goes to sleep during boot. With driver 337.50, going to sleep during boot, appeared to be more random. I'm using a GTX 780Ti in a Dell T7600.

The half screen being black issues have been fixed but I have some new interesting wake from sleep issues: 1) The display doesn't always wake from sleep - I have to power it down and back on again to get a picture; 2) When the display does wake from sleep half of the screen appears to be in a different resolution then the native resolution and I have to reset the resolution in Windows to fix it.

I've been working with Dell on these issues. They were suppose to upgrade my display with the latest firmware but after Nvidia released these drivers they backtracked. I'll keep you guys posted.

19 Posts

April 27th, 2014 10:00

The half screen being black issues have been fixed but I have some new interesting wake from sleep issues: 1) The display doesn't always wake from sleep - I have to power it down and back on again to get a picture; 2) When the display does wake from sleep half of the screen appears to be in a different resolution then the native resolution and I have to reset the resolution in Windows to fix it.

I too am experiencing this behavior under the latest drivers. 2x 780 Ti in SLI w/ Windows 7 SP1 x64.

8 Posts

April 27th, 2014 13:00

I am having the same issues the monitor would not wake up after a while for a long sleep. I have to turn off the monitor and turn it back on, and then it will work.

Also a minor annoyance is sometimes when I install a program windows flashes the screen with installing software, which is normal, but this flashing makes sometimes the monitor to go into half a screen.

weird.

No Events found!