Not applicable

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

I`m working with UP3214Q for about two weeks... Videocard- Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2 1030Mhz PCI-E 3.0 8192Mb 5200Mhz 1024 bit DVI HDCP, monitor connected via miniDP-miniDP 1.2, drivers- AMD Catalyst Package 14.7beta (14.4- less stable). Win 8.1 x64. Runs @ 4K/60Hz.

It`s can work for hours without problems, but sometimes (very often) lost DP connection and turned OFF for few seconds. Sometimes reboot system. Sometimes crash the system and only poderOFF whole PC can return PC to life.....

And Dell Color Calibration does not works: USB not detected (but he IS connected Smiley Happy ).

At startup not every time shows 4K- just stretch 1920x2160 at whole screen (very stretched picture).

Very surprised with SO MANY problems with hi-end hardware. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

Users reported success with the Catalyst Control Center 13.251.

0 Kudos
KURGAN999
1 Nickel

Tomorrow i expect this monitor to arrive in my office... i saw a lot of ppl complain about 1/2 screen,not waking up and so on... i will see if i can get 001 revision at least...

For AMD graph card users, did any1 tried this as a solution - to make this monitor eyefinity and stuff

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_up3214q.htm

0 Kudos
KURGAN999
1 Nickel

Well, i received monitor last night, it worked 5-6h(i imidalty swaped to 1.2 dp so i can have 60hz) , than problems started. It started to go to powersaving mode on random ... during my work, and during my game , than it shows half screen, etc. I also having problems waking monitor up from sleeping mode ( works only if u restart/shut down pc )... consider fact that i am using this for job( i am professional poker player , and i have a lot of money at tables during my sessions ) this is not acceptible ... i played session and it dropped in middle of it , making me lose at least 500$ for 2-3 minutes of not waking up ... i am returing tmrw this monitor and will ask for refund .

Its such a shame , this good product not to work properly.

And yes i have very serious rig in my office ( devil13 hd7990 gpu with possibility to have 5 monitors attached, support 1.2 and support mini dp and so on , i74960x, sabertooth x79 , intel ssd780 480gb, 4x4 kingston beast, seasonic 1000w psu , apc psu , and so on ) ... i have 4 monitors on table and never got problems before .

:/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ipv6ready
2 Bronze

Hi all, does anyone have issues running 4k with Nvdia Quadro cards? By the way I have both the 32 and 24 Dell 4k with gtx760 no issues since replacing them with A01
0 Kudos
KURGAN999
1 Nickel

can some1 at least tell us when we can have a01 revision ? i am living in eastern europe ( serbia ) and today i spoke with dell officials (official distro in serbia/belgrade) they can replace me monitor , but with same revision... so no point of changing for the same one :/

0 Kudos

This is the USA Forum and we are in the USA. We cannot know the revision status of other countries. You just have to keep checking with them.

0 Kudos
prenetic
1 Nickel

The past few driver releases from Nvidia appear to exhibit severe bug regression with the 32" display. I am experiencing the old half screen and blank screen issues consistently with every driver released since version 337.88. As a reminder, I'm running an EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I would post to the Nvidia forums but last time I crosslinked I was scolded by the Dell representative. Would like to see this resolved at some point during my (thus far wasted) 5 year warranty, but at the rate things are going I have little faith.

0 Kudos
KURGAN999
1 Nickel

For ATI/AMD users , look like i found solution to make this monitor work ( at least for workspace )@60hz.

I did following:

-made clean 13.12 install (used DDP to unninstall all driver's) 

-after installation shutdown computer, w8 a while than turned on pc

-when monitor turn on / windows start, switch in monitor menu to displayport 1.2 to enable 60hz

-you will have split screen now (2monitors) , you need to use Catalyst Control Centar to enable  Eyefinity do exactly like on this link ( search for Important 4k Consideration http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_up3214q.htm#calibration )

-after you successfully setup eyefinity , you will have ONE screen and u will not notice 2monitors/halfscreens/and other issues when u enable 1.2displayport @60hz

-after you restart your system, again you will get msg that displayport not working and resolution will change , you have to turn off displayport in monitor menu, than again to enable displayport and you will have 60hz native refresh rate with full 4k resolution and all works (without 2x screen/halfscreen and so on).

Note: everytime u restart your system u have to disable/enable dp in order to have 60hz , so my advise is not to restart pc if you dont have to ( i work for 6-7h i restart on my own , and return to work )

Note 2: This dont solve power/sleep mode issues , and if you play games , you will have power/sleep issues on random( for example when i start league of legends\fifa 2015 i dont have sleep power problems, when i turn CS : GO monitor show half screen and go to power mode every 2nd time ) . This tweak only enables you to work at 60hz .

Hope i helped a little.

0 Kudos
KURGAN999
1 Nickel

note3: i just restarted pc few times, look like on every 2nd restart monitor bugs, first time i restarted it changed resolution and u have to manualy change in menu as i mentioned above, next time i restarted everything worked perfect, than again i restarted and it changed resolution, and again i restarted everything worked fine. So on every 2nd restart it broke.

0 Kudos