Highlighted
Desmond86
1 Nickel

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

@Desmond86

So you are saying with the 970 you have no issues in windows?

Can I ask:

• Which make/model of 970
  • Driver version
  • Monitor revision
  • No issues including not coming out of standby, requiring power cycle

Unrelated, for me the latest 344.11 drivers still have the standby issue.

GPU: MSI GTX 970

Driver: 344.11

Revision: A01

I have not experienced any issue of the monitor not coming out of standby and requiring power cycle.

0 Kudos
caffine
1 Nickel

RE: UP3214Q/UP2414Q - 1/2 screen issue and/or No picture after powering off, then on

GPU: MSI GTX 970

Driver: 344.11

Revision: A01

I have not experienced any issue of the monitor not coming out of standby and requiring power cycle.

Have you always had that A01 revision monitor or was that a replacement?

0 Kudos
Desmond86
1 Nickel

Have you always had that A01 revision monitor or was that a replacement?

It was A01 when I bought it.

0 Kudos
humba
2 Iron

I can also report that the 344.11 drivers still have the standby issue - at least on the A00 screen. The behavior varies a little though - display sleep (not power off) can get you the proper picture when you bring it back alive, bot other times, you get two non matching halves. I even got one where 2/3 of the screen were okay, and the remaining third was duplicated (two cursors, and every taskbar icon was there twice).

I can't say for the A01 as it developed a defect. NVIDIA recommends to get the A01 though. I hope that exchange works better in the US than over here in Europe where they keep trying to get people to keep the A00 and just install various NVIDIA drivers until something sticks.

0 Kudos
peterr123
1 Copper

More tests...

I connect a 2 cables into Dell UP2414Q, 1 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI at same time, but only DisplayPort cable setup for 4K @ 60Hz, the HDMI cable its only physically connected.

After that the monitor had none of the problems mentioned in the topic, it is working perfectly. The only problem is during boot, the bios screen is not shown.

Thank you for this splendid suggestion! My newly delivered UP2414Q (from B&H) is Rev00 and I'm using it with a Geforce GTX 750Ti with driver 344.11 under Win7 Pro. It had the failure to wake from sleep and the windows resizing to 640x480 problems. Connecting a HDMI cable as well as the DisplayPort (set to be the 1.2 MST input source) solved ALL my problems, just as you note. While less than perfect, a $10 fix is OK with me.

0 Kudos
ipv6ready
2 Bronze

Hey Humba,

Are you still on A00? 

Customer service replaced my 24 without question and 32 without too much trouble in Australia to A01.

0 Kudos
Desmond86
1 Nickel

Although I can select all kinds of resolutions, in Games if I select a lower resolution than 2160p, it will show black bars around the picture. So When I select 1080p it will shows the picture in a square in the middle of the screen and show big black bars all around which is very annoying and unplayable. Similar to a video that has black bars on the sides and on bottom / top.

0 Kudos
ParcelRot
1 Nickel

This is a byproduct of how MST works, or how the videocard deals with MST and lower resolutions.

To work around it, tell the monitor to disable DP1.2. Then you will get proper scaling. You will lose 60hz at 2160p, but 1920x1200 and lower will get 60 hz and will be scaled by the monitor. (On my system I cannot get 60 hz at 2560x1440 - probably a driver limitation of NVIDIA + Windows).

0 Kudos
humba
2 Iron

Actually, the display is capable of running 1080p on the full screen just fine - intel's latest drivers for the Haswell graphics unit do it (I personally verified). So, that seems to be a limitation of the NVIDIA drivers. It is already under investigation - I opened a ticked on lower resolutions a while back and the 344.11 drivers were supposed to fix the issue - perhaps they did for the Asus screen, but not the Dell (I only tested on an A00 though).

As for 2560x1440, the display doesn't seem to report that as a supported resolution in MST mode. The Asus screen seems to be running an older scaler firmware that cannot handle this resolution - whether it is the same for Dell I've not been told.. they're now looking into it.

So, for 1080p, the ball's in NVIDIA's court, for 2560x1440 it's anybody's guess (my guess would be that they probably did the same as ASUS.. skimped on upgrading the scaler firmware - that is a fixable issue though given Dell's track record with these dual tile screens I wouldn't hold my breath).

0 Kudos
nintenjo
1 Copper

While my problem is not identical.. I have got an ATI based set-up (6970) graphics card and windows isn't reporting 2560x1440 as a support resolution (despite DELL stating it as working)..

I have no idea what SST / MST modes are but has anyone got a solution for ATI cards i could try? Or am i doing something wrong? (i am connected via DP but have disable 1.2 mode for now and 1.2 mode locks to 4k res only). Thanks.

BTW: i have rev A01.

0 Kudos