Highlighted
2 Iron

UP3214Q - issues with #1, #2 (replacement) and #3 (replacement)

So this is what my first UP3214Q setup looks like: https://picasaweb.google.com/102432726948045114489/UP3214Q1?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMmM1YK09qWWUA&...

This is what my second (replacement) UP3214Q setup looks like: https://picasaweb.google.com/102432726948045114489/UP3214Q2?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLvMp-XnweCe7AE...

Not only are there both dead and bright pixel issues with the replacement but the replacement is not level. As it turns out the 2nd stand is the issue. I figured this out by mounting the 2nd display on the 1st stand. The 1st display and 1st stand also result in a level display. This all is a little surprising for a $3,500 display.

DELL-Chris M can you please have someone reach out to me from the US office? I'd love to help Dell work through these issues.

Thanks.

UPDATE (12/13/13)
This is what my third (replacement) UP3214Q setup looks like: https://picasaweb.google.com/102432726948045114489/UP3214Q3?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKv8uP2A8-Kvfw&...

$3,500 USD for this? I can't express how disappointed I am at the utter lack of QC. I'm going to be reaching out to my contact on the Executive Customer Support Team on Monday to review my options.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: UP3214Q - issues with #1 and #2 (the replacement)

Our displays team is not customer facing. They are internal only engineers. You need to continue going through the normal support channels and request a new (not used) monitor exchange until you get one that meets your approval.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

RE: UP3214Q - issues with #1 and #2 (the replacement)

Our displays team is not customer facing. They are internal only engineers. You need to continue going through the normal support channels and request a new (not used) monitor exchange until you get one that meets your approval.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

RE: UP3214Q - issues with #1, #2 (replacement) and #3 (replacement)

Updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

That appears to be a dark dot pixel defect. Our policy states that you would need 6 or more to justify a replacement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

That appears to be a dark dot pixel defect. Our policy states that you would need 6 or more to justify a replacement.

Photos 1 and 2 clearly show a red "dot" which would constitute a stuck sub-pixel (R of RGB) - not a "dark dot pixel." Either way, it's unacceptable.

At this point I plan to return the display for a refund via the Executive Customer Support Team.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post a picture of an all white background.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Post a picture of an all white background.

The first two pictures are on an all white background with the display set to "Standard" mode - brightness of 25, contrast 50.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow. They look grey to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Wow. They look grey to me.

The first two are on a white background. Neither "Dead Pixel Buddy" or the UP3214Q built-in test patterns offer a gray background as an option. emoticon.Wink.title

0 Kudos