Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 2nd, 2017 03:00

UP3216Q, Apple hardware, Enable Zonal Color Space, Disable UC (Uniformity Compensation)

hello,
I recently bought a Dell monitor, UP3216Q.
Here are my Details: SN-04NCD0-74445-71D-104P
Connected to Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Processor: 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory: 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

I need to set my monitor profile to s RGB, and I did it though the monitor’s menu by going to
OSD (On Screen Display) -Color -Zonal Color Space ) -sRGB.

As soon I selected this profile, I saw a blue frame that I learned later to canel it’s view.
I than noticed that it cuts my screen into vertical 2 parts, one is lighter than the other.

I’m attaching photos I did with my camera (it not visible on screenshots) so you can see the problem. 

I Restet to Factory settings 3 times, but each time I select the sRGB profile, it happens again.

I don’t understand why and how to fix it.

Please Help,
Thank you,
shlomit

4 Posts

August 4th, 2017 02:00

I found the solution which was all about the monitor settings. Hopefully, this will help other Apple users. I found it in the User's Guide, page 35. I skipped it earlier.

9.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2017 07:00

Hi Mugzemet,

Thanks for posting.

Here is some information you may find helpful: http://dell.to/2vifRBD

http://dell.to/2vihAa2

4 Posts

August 2nd, 2017 23:00

Hi Robert,

Thank you for trying to help, but I've already been there. I have emphasis in my original post (in bold) the main issue which is the monitor itself and not the mac.

I really need help from someone who knows this problem without sending me to various links as I googled for hours without finding a solution.

Shlomit

9.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 04:00

Hi Mugzemet,

Have you tried the monitor with a Dell computer?  Does it produce the same results as you are describing?

Unfortunately we have only done minimal testing with Mac products for obvious reasons so our research is limited.  

4 Posts

August 3rd, 2017 23:00

I'm very disturbed now. I read about this screen in many places. I don't have Dell computer and (in my opionion) I think Dell has to make these kind of test with Apple hardware and software. I will try to see if I can get a refund for it since it is not fitting to my needs.

9.4K Posts

August 7th, 2017 05:00

Thanks for posting the solution so others can find it.

No Events found!