Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2004 01:00

Ultrasharp 2001FP - Power Save Mode - Permanent Sleep Mode

Dell Ultrasharp 2001FP remains in permanent sleep state in DVI mode. Works in analog, but with ghosting 4+/- layers deep.

Have 2 identical 2001FP monitors, and 2 identical Dimension XPS Gen2 computers.

Testing: moved problem monitor to other Dimension; problem remained with monitor. Moved good monitor to 1st Dimension; works fine in DVI. Returned problem monitor to 1st Dimension; problem remained with monitor.

Contacted Dell technical support at 800-456-3355, and requested firmware/patch referred to in forum bulletin: http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=33721 . Technician suggested modifying monitor power saving settings in control panel; and, that no patch or firmware was available for the monitor.

eMailed Dell technical support through link in message above, requesting patch/firmware, awaiting reply.

Noticed MaximumPC magazine has picked up on this issue; and, that PC Magazine has also been alerted.

eMailing: PCMag editorial department/Machrone/Dvorak/Howard; MaximumPC.

Others experiencing this problem may also wish to consider: http://www.jeffgeiger.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 27th, 2011 05:00

1 Message

August 28th, 2012 10:00

I'm having the same problem with this monitor and would like the "dvi recovery" file please.

January 15th, 2014 11:00

What about the rest of us? We dont get notified or this put somewhere so it could be useful to all the other people horribly affected by this?  I bought another monitor, I am out $700 bucks to find its an issue? WOW. Thanks Dell. I have 7 Dell Precision 690's, 2 t3500, 1 t3400 and a rack 2950. I love DELL, but this isnt service on any level.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 16th, 2014 06:00

Jerry J. Morris,

First, I doubt that you paid $700 for a 2001FP monitor that was released in 2004. Second, you replied to a thread from 2004?

Start a NEW thread. List the "specific" Dell monitor model that has PSM (powersave mode) issues. The operating system, video card, video card port, used on the monitor.

No Events found!