ozres
1 Copper

Re: Ultrasharp 2001FP - Power Save Mode - Permanent Sleep Mode

Chris,

I was off work yesterday and missed your message.  Sorry for the delay.

The monitor is connected with a gray/black cable with blue connectors.  Does that help?  And yes, the monitor passed the self test. 

Thanks,

Marla

0 Kudos

ozres,

Sounds like the video card driver or the video card itself. Is there another PC to try this monitor on?
0 Kudos
ozres
1 Copper

I've updated the drivers, so I don't think it's that.  We have 5 Dells here in the office, so I'll trade one monitor for another and see what happens.  If that doesn't do it, then I'll look for a new video card.  Thanks for your help.

Marla

0 Kudos
ozres
1 Copper

Well, I swappped two monitors last night before I left work.  Came in today and the problem child was flashing like usual on my co-worker's computer.  So, it looks like it's the monitor.  Now I have to study up on what to buy.

Thanks for the help,

Marla

0 Kudos
DrChris
1 Nickel

im having the same problem with this monitor for a while now and i just discovered this thread

would an admin or perhaps someone else that has the file, please send me the firmware / recovery patch please

thank u

chris

0 Kudos
dellannie
1 Copper

I have a laptop connected to a Dell P2211 monitor via a docking station. The monitor is randomly going into sleep mode and will not come out unless there is a hard reboot, or if we open the laptop we can sometimes get it to wake up. Would this file help us?

Dell Latitude D820

Op System: XP

Video Card: NVidia Quadro NVS 120M

Thank you,

Ann

0 Kudos
tegbeg
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem with this monitor and would like the "dvi recovery" file please.

0 Kudos

RE: Ultrasharp 2001FP - Power Save Mode - Permanent Sleep Mode

What about the rest of us? We dont get notified or this put somewhere so it could be useful to all the other people horribly affected by this?  I bought another monitor, I am out $700 bucks to find its an issue? WOW. Thanks Dell. I have 7 Dell Precision 690's, 2 t3500, 1 t3400 and a rack 2950. I love DELL, but this isnt service on any level.

0 Kudos

RE: Ultrasharp 2001FP - Power Save Mode - Permanent Sleep Mode

Jerry J. Morris,

First, I doubt that you paid $700 for a 2001FP monitor that was released in 2004. Second, you replied to a thread from 2004?

Start a NEW thread. List the "specific" Dell monitor model that has PSM (powersave mode) issues. The operating system, video card, video card port, used on the monitor.

0 Kudos