Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 19th, 2010 21:00

Vertical Line on Monitor

I have a Dell 2405FPW flat-panel monitor.  About a year after I bought it, it developed a vertical line on the right-hand side of the screen.  It started as a thin red line, then turned into a white stripe about a half-inch wide.  Then, after a while it went away, so I didn't do anything about it.  Later, it came back, and grew to be about an inch wide, with colorful lines along the right edge.  Eventually it expanded to about two inches, half fairly solid and half sometimes solid and sometimes translucent. 

I had serious problems with my computer and after I bought an extended warranty, Dell replaced it with an Alienware Aurora.  When I hooked the monitor up to the Aurora, the stripe had gone away.  But after a couple of months it came back.  Here's what it looks like now:

and here's a close-up:

Is there anything I can do about this?  Is it covered by the extended warranty I bought?  Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jim Crutchfield
Long Island City, NY

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 20th, 2010 06:00

If the monitor was purchased on the PCs order number, then yes, it would be covered. Send me the following in a private message -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
PC Service Tag number:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: V line

24 Posts

October 20th, 2010 22:00

Thanks!  I've done that, and we'll see what happens.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

October 22nd, 2010 06:00

I do not see the private message?

No Events found!