Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2016 11:00

Warranty info for S2716DG from online seller?

I purchased an S2716DG from Newegg last week and it is one of the A01 revisions. I've read bad things about these having no HDCP compliance and darker screens. 

Less than 4 days in I'm also experiencing random flickering. From what I've been reading it seems the majority of Newegg's stock is A01 so if I exchange through them I feel I will just be going in circles.

The warranty sticky's first section states "If the monitor exchange is setup inside the first 30 days from the original invoice date, the replacement will be New"

Does this apply in my case? What options do I have as I'd rather prefer working with the manufacturer than the vendor in this situation.

67 Posts

July 20th, 2016 21:00

Excellent question. I would like to know the same myself. I just received another brand new replacement from Best Buy. Its also defective. 2 in a row. I would like to go through Dell now instead of a refund through Best Buy. I really like the monitor. I just want a working new one!

First monitor received. Had a dead pixel right in the middle. This new replacement had a smudge underneath the screen. Best Buy has apparently flagged their stock and will investigate since I got 2 bad ones in a row. They might have received a bad batch. Both builds was revision A03 May 2016.  

67 Posts

July 21st, 2016 10:00

I called Dell. Don't bother. They wont do any thing for you and just refer you back to Best Buy. That brand new replacement policy only stands if bought through directly from Dell it seems.

67 Posts

July 21st, 2016 11:00

I was told 2 different things. My post above. And I decided to contact chat directly. They was willing to send me a brand new replacement. Only if I ran their diagnostic test etc. Guess what? My monitor has already been boxed back up and ready to ship back. I was not willing to unbox it again and hook it up to do tests that wont fix the problem.

I even explained the horrible experience and they still would not make an exception. Their supervisor insisted troubleshooting first. I understand its company policy and they are just doing their job. But, this just turned me off. Fast forward minutes later after the chat abruptly ended. I get a follow up call directly from the chat rep. that was trying to help me.

They decided to go ahead with my request promising me and assuring a brand new replacement will be sent from Dell directly. They requested shipping address, serial number and copy of invoice from Best Buy.  

8 Posts

July 22nd, 2016 11:00

Great news. I'll get on that this weekend. Mine is still hooked up and in use, and I had a response from Newegg stating only they didnt have A03. I would settle for A02 but that wasn't mentioned.

It's a matter of principle knowing theres a divide in quality of them yet all had for the same price. If not for the flickering, I would probably have just accepted it as is.

No Events found!