Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

November 11th, 2008 02:00

What is the difference between Dell 2709W A00, A01 and A02 revisions and is there A03 coming ?

I've seen posts over 2 major forums (European and an Australian one) that A02 is being shipped worldwide from Mexican & Chinese factories, but here in Israel (guess we get it from European factories in Irland) we get A00 or A01.

I want to know The difference between the revision A00, A01 and A02 please: 

Thanks ahead.

13 Posts

November 12th, 2008 05:00

I asked the same thing few days ago but no one from dell's support can or want to reply. i think that will remain a mystery for ever :emotion-12:

18 Posts

November 12th, 2008 09:00

Please be patient.

I've been contacted privately that the tech department has been asked and answers are due to be delivered. :emotion-21:

November 12th, 2008 15:00

Well, Jimmy told me to ask as he had never heard from A02.

That was in another thread i'm not able to find again due to the changes being made to the forums.

But unfortunately, no answer yet.

To say it with Guns 'N Roses... "all we need is just a little patience" :)

18 Posts

November 12th, 2008 16:00

From page 12 on the :emotion-11:ard|Forum, a few guys already got A02 revisions from Dell's factory in Mexico.

So, A02 is officialy out there trough the supply chain. I wonder why you as an official Dell representative doesn't know about it (?)

Please read page 12 on on, some guys one after another got there A02s:  http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1033196405

"

azholic n00bie, 27 Days

I received my monitor today. My revision is A02 manufactured in Oct. 2008 made in Mexico. I thought that the one guy, who mentioned he got the A02, was joking, but it was true. A02 exists. I thought even A01 is fairly new, but already A02? guess I'm lucky.

HFrook n00bie, 26 Days

Mine is the A02 from mexico as well. Adjusting it now as the colors are WAY off as everyone else mentioned.

Jaa-Yoo :emotion-11:Lite, 3.8 Years

Just got mine yesterday.  Overall, i think this was an excellent purchase for me and i'll be enjoying it for a long while.
Also, its a Rev A02 made in Mexico, October.

mantras n00bie, 16 Days

Just got my A02 in yesterday.

Then there is the question again what was changed from A00>A01 at least, and of course > A02 ?

November 17th, 2008 03:00

Just a hunch but does anyone with REV A00 has all 6 audio channels (Speakers) working over HDMI ? Because I've just received my second monitor and like the previous one this has ONLY 4 AUDIO CHANNELS WORKING OVER HDMI, NO Center / Subwoofer Channels (Speakers) ! 

P.S. Tested both monitors ( REV A00 Made in Czech Republic on July 2008 ) with 2 different video cards (ATI and INTEL) both capable of 7+1 channels over HDMI and 2 different HDMI 1.3 1080P certified cables !

November 20th, 2008 02:00

Any news about that?

It seems like DELL won't sell us the monitor ;)

18 Posts

December 15th, 2008 10:00

Here is a final answer from Jimmy:

Me:

Jimmy, I think there is a serious lack of knowledge of the people you ask inside DELL, and it's looking BAD.

1 - THERE ARE 2709W A02's VERSIONS POPPING ALL AROUND THE WORLD

2 - I QUOTED ABOVE A01 owners FROM HardOCP forum from Europe

3 - Other A02 report the same issues even in Australian Overclocking forum.

Please read for yourself page 19 & 20. like 5 people write they  GOT A02 revisions:

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=686551&page=19

Please ask DELL personnel again, as we (people who pay) are entitled to know what we're paying for.

===============================================================================

Jimmy:

1. A01 is the basic revision. Apparently it had minor touch buttons issue like over sensitivness.

2. I have read those and there is still no A02 firmware, they may be getting an A02 monitor but that doesn't mean the firmware is a02. I have tried to explain this in the forums before, any change made to the monitor or the process can result in a rev change on the monitor, that includes firmware, changes in the manufacturing process, changes in the parts vendors and just about anything else you can think of. 

===============================================================================

Me:

So, basically:

1. The latest Firmware Revision (that fixes PANEL CORE from technical aspect, like Input Lag, Colours, Sharpness, Gamma and so on ... ) of the 2709W is Revision A01.

2. Changes in 2709W A02 are not related to: Panel Firmware\Touch buttons\Important core technical details. They relate to ("just about anything else" like part vendors and so on, basically  not so important details.

Final decision should be not to wait for A02 but to buy A01 revision as it's NO BETTER than A01 in any way.

No Events found!