Not applicable

When will there be a Linux driver for SX2210T?

Hi,

As I'm sure you know, Ubuntu 10.10 now supports multi-touch.

So when will Dell provide a Linux driver for the touch capability of the SX2210t monitor? An unofficial driver would be good enough.

I realize Dell marketing might not have predicted such use for this monitor, when they devised it. (Just as they didn't foresee that someone might use it as a secondary monitor. :emotion-3:) But I hope Dell is capable of correcting the shortcomings of its product? Especially when it's about writing a small piece of software.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
HughR
2 Bronze

Re: When will there be a Linux driver for SX2210T?

I agree.  I found this message when searching for a Linux driver for this monitor.  Now I know not to buy it until there is a driver.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: When will there be a Linux driver for SX2210T?

In my humble opinion there will never be a Linux driver for the SX2210T. If you look at some of the other driver feature requests (like enabling SX2210T as a secondary m-t monitor), Dell has its own idea about what this monitor should be used for. They don't seem to care much that they're alienating users with specific needs, even if it would cost them like two work-weeks of one programmer to get these things to work.

So I suggest that you simply buy a multi-touch monitor from a different manufacturer - one that respects its customers.

0 Kudos