Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 13th, 2006 14:00

Why has no one contacted me yet regarding my 2007WFP?

I sent a PM to Chris on 5/26, and he read it on 5/26.  I have not heard a single peep - either via my phone contact or via PM.

I REQUIRE more than a "black hole" response.   

50 Posts

June 14th, 2006 20:00

Mad2007FPWowner wrote:

Well, to all of you who thought I shouldn't pollute your forums with this thread - say what you will, but it looks like it definitely helped. 

I received my replacement earlier today - FEDEX PRIORITY OVERNIGHT.  The -day- after my initial post.

Someone at Dell took heed (and most importantly took action) and I truly appreciate it.

Well, I seriously doubt that. I doubt anyone at Dell responsible for getting the monitor to you (apart from ChrisM originally getting your details) has read any of your posts here. Monitors had already been arriving, even before your post. You're just arrived when it arrived.

Still, pollute away! :smileyvery-happy:

DingoJunior

apologize 6 times?  Learn to read.  Never said six times. 

Giving a discount for "next purchased item" is stupid, yet coupons that provide discounts to individuals for no real legitimate reason on products at varied times....is certainly NOT stupid...cuz we all know YOU would jump at that, and use it, eh?  

Sir....I suggest you think just a tad more before you post on here. 

21 Posts

Haha.  That is business.  You control the vendors by speaking out with your buying power.  Simple economics.  Dell will give you your money back if you ask for it.  I'm not saying they shouldn't fix it.  I'm saying that the original post that was asking for Dell to balance on a ball and publicly apologize six times and give away coupons to everyone ... is just stupid.

June 14th, 2006 21:00

if it is so wasted...and misplaced......why even take the time to respond?   Obviously...it didn't go wasted...for it was read.  The whole meaning behind these forums...for your voice to be heard.

Thank you for responding to my...."wasted anger".

:)

50 Posts

Tristanguy28 wrote:

You can doubt all you want to....we just don't truly know.  Seems to me your response to him contained a very thin layer of "bashing" simply because he felt that his words on these posts helped his situation, yet you felt the need to minimalize his excitement for what he deems...a legitimate Dell response to his own personal situation.  

Yes, you have that right to state that.....but i wouldn't have done that.  Let him enjoy this resolution.  Ya know?

I guess I'm just nasty.

DingoJunior

15 Posts

Tristanguy, you are completely right.  If I bought a car without halfway protecting myself by knowing all about its reported quirks and shortcomings, well, I'd really be mad at myself for being so stupid.  However, in the case of this monitor I was aware of the banding/text problems, waited until ChrisM responded that there would be a fix, and then knowingly purchased such a unit for the sake of saving $120 (22% off + $19 free shipping).

When I return home tonight it will become well worth the 'hastle' of following a few threads and sending one PM to save that much money.  I think the failure in understanding business here is not mine. 

What I'm saying is that your anger is probably misplaced and wasted as I see it.  Educate yourself in areas that will become your concern.  In your case I'm afraid ignorance is not bliss, it is um, incoherently agitated...

12 Posts

June 15th, 2006 01:00

Tristanguy28 wrote:...
"Doesn't take one to have an MBA to understand this..."
1. Step up to the plate, and announce your failings.
2. Apologize to the consumers, and then apologize AGAIN. Twice.
3. Offer a 15-20% discount coupon valid towards any future purchase on any item to ALL CONSUMERS who bought the faulty monitor, and have been forced to be burdened by lack of a properly-functioning monitor.
4. Fix the identifying letters that immediately follow the 2007 (widescreen 20 incher) on YOUR OWN WEBISTE. YOU REFER to it as the FPW, than the WFP all in the same introduction to this monitor.

While it may seem that you dont require a MBA to know they made a mistake,but alas, it certainly does seem you dont understand big business from the way you have been posting in the forums.

Dell had revenues of 56 Billion. If you worked in a multi billion dollar corporation (and it is quite obvious you dont have any heavy experience working within one) you will know they are like a sleeping giant. It takes a while to get the cogs turning.

1) Why should they step up to the plate and apologize for their "mistakes" when 99%+ of the users who purchased this monitor will NEVER EVEN KNOW of A00 vs A01 vs A02, nor will the users EVER CARE. If 99%+ of the users feel it is working fine then in their eyes, i am sure, its a pretty good product but they are being nice and "modifying" the 2007WFP to fit more specific needs.

2) Read #1

3) Read #1

4) That part, if you work in a Tech company, you will find out is common, BUT not excuseable.

"Furthermore....Bob......I truly do not think even ONE individual should have to go through unecessary stress when simply trying to properly identify THE MONITOR that even Dell couldn't get straight on their own website. Rember having to proof read your college papers before turning them in?

I understand that, but I am quite curious, how much stress did you really go through? I certainly wouldn't talk down on peoples education if I personally got mentally stressed I could not find a monitor on Dells website.

"Not about the monitor not working properly. It's about getting a prompt explanation, a response, along with a clear-cut statement precisely explaining what the company will do FOR YOU to compensate for the failings they provided with their merchandise. You either understand this, or you don't. Get an education, then you just might understand business in a more clear light.

It's not whining as you so called it. It's about being professional, clearly communicating to the public what went wrong, and what they will do to compensate the individuals for the inconvenience caused by their faulty products, all in a timely and prompt manner. Dell failed at this.

Read #1. And add to the fact that they were even willing to exchange the monitors (check on other widescreen LCDs and their exsisting issues and if their companies are willing to replace it FOR FREE IF YOU WAIT JUST A LITTLE)

I think you need to get an education because you CERTAINLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND BIG BUSINESS. You are little joe schmoe NOT Walmart/Costco/etc.

"Giving a discount for "next purchased item" is stupid, yet coupons that provide discounts to individuals for no real legitimate reason on products at varied times....is certainly NOT stupid...cuz we all know YOU would jump at that, and use it, eh?

Obviously you do not understand why and when Dell gives out its coupons. They certainly DO have real legitimate reasons and are not as "varied" as you like to think. Take a Marketing class + Finance class + Accounting class or 5. Then you might understand and see the bigger picture.

"explain to the world WHY a simple, "We are sorry for the inconvenience, ..etc..." is just such a...stupid thing?Be prepared to be precise with your response.

Obviously then you havent read any of ChrisM's posts. He obviously has worked hard to help us. And if you are wondering why Kevin Rollins hasnt personally called you and begged for your forgiveness by now (read #1), I am sorry, i didnt know you were the Dali Lama. Please read some business books your holiness.

Also please take to heart, you are not that important.

Dell has apologized in the best way possible IMHO. They resolved the issue with their monitors and sending one to you FOR FREE while you get to use your still workable monitor temporoairly. Name another company that has done better in a similiar situation. I dare you.

And i'll quote you one last time

"Be prepared to be precise with your response."

June 15th, 2006 02:00

Hi, I'm Claudio, from Argentina.

I sent the PM to ChrisM with all the data required a long time ago, but didn't get any answer, even a single PM saying: "we are working in your problem, thanks" or something like "this monitor is only changed if you live in USA". I assume someday someone will call me and change my bandingful monitor...

I think the correct thing to do is doing a RECALL and changing all the 2007 with banding problems.

sorry for my English :smileyindifferent:

June 15th, 2006 02:00

Xjink, or whatever your name was...

Simply put:  Dell finally did come out with a statement....they wouldn't have done that if this was as minor of an issue as you tried to imply.  Secondly...in that statement...an apology certainly could have existed in that statement.  Non-debatable to me. 

Secondly, when i stated NO REASON for the coupons, i meant that in the eyes of the consumer....they don't care WHY they are getting the coupon...they madly rush to use it.  From the perspective of Dell, of course they have good reasons to use them, but to the consumer, they don't ask, they don't care, they just gladly take it.  I referred to that specificially to the poster who claimed receiving coupons would be stupid...yet we all know he would use one in a heart beat.  So now all of a sudden him receiving a coupon for a more legitimate reason in the eye of the consumer (faulty monitor) is now just so unbelievable stupid.  Ha...go figure.

Xjink, lastly i will say this to you.  Maybe it's wrong of me, maybe it's immature....but it pleases me to know that you put that much time into your post....for me to read.  I will walk away believing in my heart i hit a nerve with you.....and like i said...that pleases me.

I sure hope you have your own business, profit over 65,000 from it in less than 1.5 years of starting it, and are only 28 years old.  Yea...i guess i just....absolutely have no clue as to how to treat the customer.  Hmm.

Anyway...thanks again for your input xjinx, it was (is) utterly clear that i hit a nerve with you.  Deal with it.

12 Posts

June 15th, 2006 05:00

Tristan,

Obviously you have issues to deal with besides immaturity. $65,000 @ 28 is nothing to brag about.

Have a good day!

556 Posts

June 15th, 2006 09:00

Thanks for completely derailing this thread guys, your bickering has pretty much insured we won't get any additional information.

46 Posts

June 15th, 2006 12:00

Can't we all get along? The fact remains that the process is what it is at this point. You PM Chris, and you'll get your replacement in about 3 weeks or so. You won't hear anything from anybody saying that your replacement is on the way. You'll just get it out of nowhere. Now, I'm one of the few people who were on the starting end of this topic about a couple of months ago. Sure I was frustrated, but I stayed relatively patient and got my replacement last night. If you bought the monitor like in the middle or the end of May and you are complaining about not being treated the way YOU want to be treated, then you are not being fair to the other people who have waited MUCH longer than you have. So please, let the process take its course and wait for your replacement.

15 Posts

June 15th, 2006 13:00

I was able to set up my replacement (rev A02) monitor last night... I only had time to check for dead pixels and spend a few minutes in WoW.  Good news on all fronts as there are zero dead or stuck pixels, and the banding is virtually nonexistent from what I could see (the sky in WoW has banding, but that is just the game, it looked the same on my old CRT). 

I'll post back if anything changes for the worse, but right now I'm glad I took a chance on Dell's word of a fix, saved $120, and came out on top with not much hastle in between.  I hope you all have similar luck with your monitors.

Oh, and no I was never contacted about the replacement monitor being on its way.  Not an email, phone call, or PM.  It just showed up yesterday, June 14th.  I originally ordered the 2007wfp 5/24, and received it 5/26.

Offtopic:  Can't wait to pick up a second one next year for dual monitors in Supreme Commander!

No Events found!