wise
2 Iron

grey blotch,the size of a pen head,that cannot be wiped away?

I got a 15" flat screen monitor,with my new Dell Dim,8400, a few wks ago,I notice a small grey blotch,the size of a pen head,that cannot be wiped away, what should I do?
I assume these are cheaply made in China(says on box) so is it a burned in hole or what kind of cleaner is safe,I just tried a towel,bit windex but does not remove it?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
nadalife
1 Nickel

Re: grey blotch,the size of a pen head,that cannot be wiped away?

sounds like a dead or stuck pixel, but it being gray sound a little different. if it is a dead pixel check dells dead pixel policey for that model (on certain models they allow a cartain ammount of dead pixels, meaning they wont replace it)

also mate never use any chemical solvent on your lcd screen, never use windex or anything rough like a towel youll destroy the screen

0 Kudos
JDre
4 Germanium

You could connect a CRT monitor if one is available to test, but usually a problem like that is a defect in the pixels, try another one.
0 Kudos
wise
2 Iron

a problem like that is a defect in the pixels, try another one.

what do u mean? its on the screen not PC

the blotch is not on my 2d monitor,just the new DELL LCD,so are you saying only clean with kleenex?

i guess there is no recourse?
0 Kudos
wise
2 Iron

now another grey bloch has appeared must be cheaply (china)made of poor quality,why dell can sell as low as they do

so who has returned a flat screen for this reason?grey blotchs!?
0 Kudos