Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2009 22:00

help i am loosing site on monitor

i wrote about my monitor turning darker then it should be, i went to the front of the monitor and tried to set it to the brightest it can go and it is stillt can go and is still very dark i can hardly read desktop icons.  anyway i went to chkdsk and it said it is read mode only so it didnt really fix anything then when i sign on at times there is a logo that pops up by the clock on lower right side of screen telling me that there is a corrupt file now when i see this i am thinking that is the problem how do i fix a corrupt file??  it says file directory C:/ doc.and setting silvia livick application data/mozilla firefox/profiles zfdo0ida default prefferences.js.is corrupt and unreadable  then it goes on to say please run chkdsk utility and like i said earlier when i run chkdsk it says it is in read mode is there anything i can do?   i know your all busy but even system restore didnt fix the problem and i redownloaded firefox still the same issue ran all the virus scans i have nothing found so how do i fix a corrupt file?

12 Posts

January 11th, 2009 22:00

I have no idea how firefox could effect your monitor. But you could try uninstalling firefox, then delete the program folder for firefox and the application data folder for firefox. then restart your pc and without reinstalling firefox, see how the monitor is doing. Also check your device manager and see if your monitor is using the plug and play driver or a specific monitor driver. You can uninstall the driver, if its not a plug and play driver, then reboot and see if the plug and play driver does better. If the plug and play driver does not work, try (re)installing the specific monitor driver

what monitor are you using? and please list all your hardware for your PC. Also do you have another PC or laptop you can test the monitor with?

it sounds like you have spyware on your PC, and system restore will not fix it or much else, it is a waste of time and energy and I turn it off on all my PCs

by the way, if your monitor is a CRT, it might just be wearing out. I had a similar issue with my CRT, just dark, but not unreadable, and hurt my eyes

upgrading to my 2408wfp, solved my issues, but even one of these will not fix spyware

so maybe you have a couple of problems

No Events found!