Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2006 17:00

monitor contrast changes with window colors?

has anyone else seen this? my monitor (dell 1704FPT1) sometimes suddenly dims and goes into a mode where the contrast of the entire screen depends upon the colors in the foregrounded windows (Win XP). if there is a lot of black/dark showing, the entire monitor's contrast goes very dim. if i click over to a window with more white, the contrast returns to normal.

i'm not sure this is a backlight issue, since if i bring up the monitor's (hardware) menu, it stays the same brightness/contrast regardless of what is going on in the background.

this 'mode' is intermittent, sometimes suddenly coming out of it and everything returns to normal, where the screen bright/contrast is not affected by which XP window is up.

help?

642 Posts

September 27th, 2006 07:00

No, I have not.
Check your v/card seated properly, nothing obviously wrong with it, all power cables to your hhds/roms/vidio card/mother board/ etc. connected properly? Using the latest v/card drivers as well?
If all of the above ok then talk to dell support for an exchange or repair.
cheers

ps: When anyone needs help, the more info. you give about your WHOLE system helps in maybe determining a solution. Not meant to be nasty, just a fact.

Message Edited by KevinR100 on 09-27-2006 06:26 PM

No Events found!