PCBliss
1 Copper

Re: monitor in power save mode help me

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? my computer is doing the same thing now. I think it has something to do with my motherboard or memory. thanks
0 Kudos
tar238
1 Copper

I'm wondering the same thing.
0 Kudos
cjovalle
1 Copper

See the message thread entitled "power save mode trinitron." There are other people who have had similar problems. I listed the steps we tried to narrow down what was wrong there.
0 Kudos
Tekken05
1 Copper

it was the proccessor and now i have to call dell about my RAM cuz there is something wronge w/ it too
0 Kudos
bayxter
1 Copper

First let me say that it looks like some people that are posting on this forum simply have their PC in standby, or power save mode, and don't know how to get it out.  Others have an actual defective video card.  This is what I have.

I managed to correct this problem, But you may not like the answer.  I removed the Geforce4 video card, and stuck in an old PCI card and the screen came back.  I went in and changed the settings that Dell suggests(standby - never, etc). and then put the card back in.  The problem was still there.  I took the Geforce4 out and put the PCI card back in and deinstalled the Geforce4 software and drivers.  Then I put the Geforce4 card back in - Same problem.  This being said, I believe that the card itself is defective.  Because after removing drivers, the system should act as if I just installed a brand new card.  And it does not.  My explanation is that the card has in some way malfunctioned, and the symptoms of this malfunction are the same as "power save mode".  Dell needs to offer a replacement video card to anyone who has this defective card.

0 Kudos
Tekken05
1 Copper

well my problem w/ the  " Moniter is in ...... " was solved because of the proccessor but now i have a problem w/ my comp freezing up all the time ( not the RAM as i posted b4 ) they told me it was windows is corrupt so i have to back everything up and reinstall it.....
0 Kudos