Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2009 09:00

monitor registration problem

I have purchased a 19" monitor model E1909w on 27 june, 2009. I want to register it online at the page. There is a place to fill service tag number. In example they shows a service tag number of 8 letters. I could not find any number of such type at the back side of monitor. Only one number is given in this format - 00-000000-00000-000-0000. But the online registration form did'nt accept it. At this page there is also a place for company's name. I am a student I have no company. What should I do now to register the product and get the warranty.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

July 2nd, 2009 10:00

Registration is for systems, not monitors alone. Your monitor is warrantied automatically and doesn't have a service tag.

806 Posts

July 2nd, 2009 11:00

not so sure on that one. if a monitor is purchased stand-alone, or seperately from a complete system, it should have a service tag.

OP - where did you get the monitor? i take it you did not purchase it from dell?

2 Posts

July 3rd, 2009 02:00

I had purchased it from open market.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 4th, 2009 20:00

maze singh,

Only the 27" and 30" monitors have a service tag. All others get a Dell order number. You need to get the original Dell order number form the reseller so we can look it up.

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 15:00

I wish I had known that before I sold my Viewsonic 23 "  which requires nothing  for 3 year   which I was happy with  and purchased a Dell  24"  ST2421L monitor which from what your telling me it can not be registered and if I can not get some kind of Code from Frys Electionics that I basicly bought a monitor with NO warranty from Dell.    That is sad as I am a Tech and have always recommended Dell products over HP and others because of there quality and rarer problems.

I have repaired, worked on or Sold well over 100 dell dimension Towers  this year alone.   I am shocked that with the great customer service that they have

they don't  make warrenty easier on a $249.00 product.    Ed Haney   20 year computer builder  

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2012 07:00

Ed,

If you or any customer has purchased a Dell monitor from a reseller and can provide to us the bill of sale via email showing the date of purchase, there is a round about way for us to create a Dell Order number tying you to the monitor. You have have to contact a Dell Order Support representative and provide the following information to them -

Contact Dell Order Support. The Order Support agent will need to submit a Fusion request to the CTS Retail OPS queue to get a Dell Order number attaching you to the monitor. They will need the following information to fill out the form -
Retail Store:
Purchase date from Retail Store:
Bill of sale sent to them via email
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Monitor Model:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number:
Reason: Retail Dell monitor purchase. Please create a Dell order number tying this monitor to this customer

1 Message

December 30th, 2012 12:00

Dell-Chris M,

Hi Chris. I have experienced the same problem with the Dell U2412M monitor I just bought a week ago through Amazon (actually, Amazon Marketplace > Data Master LLC). After several agonizing hours of getting bounced around all over at Dell, I persisted and was able to get someone who actually knew how (figured out how, I think is more accurate) to do this. He got me an order number (created artificially by Dell). So fine, now I have a nine-digit Dell Order Number. But I can't do anything with it, and still can't find online how to:

1. Register my U2412M monitor.
  2. Chat, or get any other support online.

Why is that? Because I still don't have the necessary Service Tag or Express Service Code that Dell demands online to get support.

So I guess I have a warranty, but can't confirm it. I need support, but can't get it. I want to register my monitor, but can't. I have a My Dell account from when I bought a Dell server several years ago. But when I check my account, it shows neither the server (previously bought FROM Dell) nor my new Dell monitor (bought through Amazon). It shows NADA for me, just an empty account without products.

What gives with Dell? There must be a better way to deal with Home customers!

2 Posts

May 8th, 2013 09:00

I too just purchased a U2412M from Amazon and could not find a way to register with Dell.com.  Seems to me that if Dell wants to sell via retailers they should provide a way to register their products for warranty.

2 Posts

May 8th, 2013 11:00

PS: after a very long time on the phone, I did get my monitor registered... I guess.  They have me a cust# and order#.

No Events found!