ronss
4 Ruthenium

newer 19 inch lcd,s

i have thought of getting the 1901fp dell, then at times i have almost ordered the 191t samsung. quess the samsung 193t will be here soon, believe its out in europe now, and if i remember right it has a higher contrast ratio than the 1901fp or 191t. but it is 25 ms pixel response speed. i read a while back that larger monitor speeds would come down at the end of this year, even read something about 12ms speed. i don,t see it happening this year. anyone got some info when the 19inchers will get down to at least 16ms speed. know of none at the  moment, i quess if you got the bucks , you can get dells 20 inch which is 16ms.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tomintx
3 Zinc

Re: newer 19 inch lcd,s

Hi Ronns

You won't be sorry with either one I don't think. As you know, I have not been unhappy with my 1901FP at all, and have toyed with the idea of going to the new Dell 2001FP with the 16ms response, but am reserved somewhat given the 400:1 contrast ratio. Most of my uses are imaging, CAD, and 3D rendering and photos, as well as MS Office Apps, and DBM/charts and graphs, so contrast ratio is more important to me. Most sim games play just fine on the 1901, but I can't speak for the FPS games, though I have seen comments here in the forum you may experience a little ghosting. I just passed on the Samsung 213T, 21.3 inches of one super nice monitor (500:1 and .25ms response), but even at $1100, that is tough to justify, and instead replaced my old notebook with a new Inspiron 5100 for $100.00 less! (some might may say I came to my senses) 

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Regards,

Dell Latitude 6430u, w/USB 3.0 dock, Venue 8 Pro Tablet

0 Kudos
ronss
4 Ruthenium

Re: newer 19 inch lcd,s

tominx

thanks for the insight, you are definetly on top of the monitor situation.yup, the 213 samsung is nice, i saw it at compusa, wanted it badly . the 2001fp may be the better monitor , not to sure though. but its close to $1000, have seen it on the costco site for $969, what i like about costco, if you have bad pixels, just return it . never any hassles.

have thought of getting a notebook, but i have 4 computers at home here, almost enough parts to build a 5th. really can,t justify a notebook, can,t see using it that much, all of my computers are top flight, and they are better than most notebooks. not that i wouldn,t like one, but i got to quite spending all my money on computers.

see ya

Message Edited by ronss on 11-18-2003 02:42 AM

0 Kudos