Dell has changed my 2709 w after a display problem , with the new one there is no signal video at the boot on DVI 1 or DVI 2 , but when i'm at the windows Home,the monitor is on. Under Windows 7 the monitor is recognised as a Dell 2709 "Analog" ?????? , but with no signal video during the boot i can't go in the BIOS , it's impossible to modify the config .
But if i Use the HDMI connection, i've no problem , video signal is ready during BIOS en the monitor is known as DELL 2709 "HDMI"
Any idea about this disfonctionement ?
Sorry for my poor english.
Do the PC video card DVI outs work on another monitor?
* Power off the PC
* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the power cord from the monitor
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the PC (USB, DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.)
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the DVI cord to the monitor and to the PC video card
* Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
* Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
* Power on the PC
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button and choose DVI. What happens?
I have no other monitor, but I have an other Graphic Card ( Nvidia GTX 260 ) . When i came back home, i'm working now, I'll tried your solution , and if it's not good , i Change the CG with the GTX 260.
Thank you for your help
I've tried your solution without result, i've also reset my Graphic card always the same thing. I've tried two others Craphic cards :Leadtek 260 GTX and Gainward GT 240 and like my gigabyte 470 GTX I've no vidéo signal at the boot. I've bought a new DVI cord , and tried with it and always the same.
What can I do , the HDMI connexion is effective, an Other exchange ?
Thank you for your answer
If your in the Americas, I need the following in a private message. Click my username, click Send Message -
PC Service Tag number:
Reason/Issue: DVI-D Dual Link cable NG032