I had a sp2208wfp for a year and started showing a vertical pink line in the middle of the screen. After going thru the dell support, they sent a refurbished monitor of the same type. But now the intergrated camera and the microphones are not working.
- Camera/mic used to work fine on the old one
- USB cable is hooked up, and I can attach other peripheral on the monitor USB ports and they work fine, so the connection from system to monitor is ok.
- I have tried to re-install monitor and the camera driver/software and no success
- Camera does not show up on device manager
Any idea what to do other than conctacting the dell support and spend another 2 hours?
After installing the monitor driver and Webcam application and restarting the PC, did the Dell Webcam Center icon appear on the taskbar?
Yes, the Webcam Center icon appear on the taskbar. When I double-click on the icon, the webcam manager window pops-up. But when I click on the webcam center, webcam center appears with "No supported camera detected. Please plug in to continue..."
* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the monitor
* Press and hold the monitor power button in for 3 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor USB cable to the bottom of the monitor and make sure the other end is connected to a USB port on the rear of the PC
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the monitor and power it on
* Disable any of these webcam applications (Yawcam, Webcam XP, MSN Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger)
* Test the Dell Webcam Center
Is it still under warranty? If yes, I need the following in a private conversation -
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: SP2208WFP Camera Failure