Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 19th, 2009 09:00

sp2208wfp camera not detected

I had a sp2208wfp for a year and started showing a vertical pink line in the middle of the screen. After going thru the dell support, they sent a refurbished monitor of the same type. But now the intergrated camera and the microphones are not working.

- Camera/mic used to work fine on the old one

- USB cable is hooked up, and I can attach other peripheral on the monitor USB ports and they work fine, so the connection from system to monitor is ok.

- I have tried to re-install monitor and the camera driver/software and no success

- Camera does not show up on device manager

Any idea what to do other than conctacting the dell support and spend another 2 hours?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 19th, 2009 19:00

kkram,

After installing the monitor driver and Webcam application and restarting the PC, did the Dell Webcam Center icon appear on the taskbar?

4 Posts

June 19th, 2009 20:00

Chris M,

Yes, the Webcam Center icon appear on the taskbar. When I double-click on the icon, the webcam manager window pops-up. But when I click on the webcam center, webcam center appears with "No supported camera detected. Please plug in to continue..."

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 20th, 2009 14:00

* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the monitor
* Press and hold the monitor power button in for 3 seconds
* Reconnect the monitor USB cable to the bottom of the monitor and make sure the other end is connected to a USB port on the rear of the PC
* Reconnect the monitor power cord to the monitor and power it on
* Disable any of these webcam applications (Yawcam, Webcam XP, MSN Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger)
* Test the Dell Webcam Center

4 Posts

June 20th, 2009 15:00

Thanks Chris M.

Still no luck. I followed the instructions verbatem, and nothing changed. Any other suggestions?

4 Posts

August 14th, 2009 13:00

Thanks. Yes, the monitor was still under warranty and contacted Dell and had it replaced. The new monitor is working fine now.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 14th, 2009 13:00

Is it still under warranty? If yes, I need the following in a private conversation -

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: SP2208WFP Camera Failure

No Events found!