Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2013 16:00

u2913wm stuck into "power save mode" during boot sequence

Hello,

Just received my brand new u2913wm today.

I encountered the following issue: upon start-up, the screen briefly displays "entering power save mode" and remains black until the Windows7 interface has loaded. As a result, I can no longer access the bios of my computer. 

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530s with Windows7. It has no such problem when connected to my older LCD screen (other brand).

Is there a fix?

Thank you in advance

September 2nd, 2013 13:00

Hi SHRIKANTH,

I'm glad to tell that the problem was solved with my new video card : AMD Radeon HD 6450. With this card connected through DVI, the monitor stays up throughout the boot sequence.

It looks like there is a compatibility issue with some video cards.

August 29th, 2013 20:00

Hi guillaumefromparis,

Please go ahead and change the input source to either (VGA/DVI/HDMI) based on which connector you are using. Also try a factory reset and see if that works. Please use this link for manual. Reply with your findings

http://bit.ly/100hSqR

August 30th, 2013 00:00

Hi Shrikanth,

I will try that. My current video card is DVI only, but I will receive a new video card early next week.

By the way, I tried again today and I could get a glimpse at the "Dell logo" before it went to "powersave mode". If I could disable "powersave mode", it would solve my problem...

August 30th, 2013 01:00

By the way, this is a factory-calibrated screen.

With a "factory reset", is the factory calibration 100% preserved?

August 30th, 2013 02:00

Hi guillaumefromparis,

There should not be any issues with the factory reset. Please go ahead and do it. Reply with your findings.

August 30th, 2013 11:00

Hello Shrikanth,

I just did the factory reset. But the problem still shows. I also tried with different DVI-D cables, just in case.

For additional precision, my configuration is the following:

Dell Inspiron 530s with ATI Radeon 2400 HD video card.

That might help if you want to reproduce the problem in your lab...

September 2nd, 2013 08:00

Hi guillaumefromparis,

Could you please connect the monitor to any other system and see if it works fine. Meanwhile I’ll see what I can do about this and give you an update.

No Events found!