Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2011 02:00

39078 21/04/2011 23:21:02 0 0 2 3796 2028 0 s-olaf-prod82 nsrexecd SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name: Either choose a different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry

Hi,

In the (converted) daemon.log, i find the following line for 2 servers:

nsrexecd SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name: "client1". Either choose a different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry for "client1" on hiost "serverX".

Can i just delete and recreate those 2 Legato clients in Networker Console ? Is there no risk later that when i have to do a restore of savesets of those 2 clients, the newly created client(s) is seen as another one than the current one ?

Rgds,

Johan

186 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 00:00

Try it mate,

Create a new client, Backup the new client with a few files and  then delete it.

Create it again and see if you can reatore the backup you created.

I know if you delete a group or a  pool you loose all the client data related to the pool and group but i have not teried it on a client.

Good luck and let me know.

736 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 02:00

Hi Johan,

Don't delete and recreate.  Have a look at this article which explains to you what is happening here and how to solve it:

Peer Information Resources are Inconsistent

-Bobby

186 Posts

May 3rd, 2011 15:00

Bobby,

First of all i suggested he create a NEW machine for testing to see if connections and backup was a success.

Second mate, it's a bit scary that if, A client was accidently deleted and re-created it could fail the networker server or Storage Node. Not sure how this would effect a storage node but ha, i am a just a small fish in a very large ocean.

Thanks for the link to the article i also had a read of it.

Resolution

Delete the non-matching / cached old certificate of the client (client_name) on the NetWorker host generating the error message (host_name). In the event the NetWorker server was upgraded / reinstalled, the server certificate must be removed from each client using nsrauth strong authentication. In either event, the corrective operation is the same and one of the following:

1. Delete the certificate for the client which has been updated from any host with a copy of the old one via Local Hosts in NMC

2. Delete the old/cached certificate from the affected client using the command line:

• nsradmin -s host_name (per error message above) -p nsrexec

• delele type: nsr peer information; peer hostname: client_name (per error message above)

NOTE: You can safely delete all certificates, as they will be refreshed at next connection anyway. Please note that certificate caching is only enabled for clients whose authentication methods includes nsrauth as part of its value.

14.3K Posts

May 7th, 2011 13:00

NSR peer has been pain in the back since introduced (or let's call it what it is - nsrauth) so by default I always disable nsrauth on server and storage nodes and no such problems ever.  In very rare occasions, I had to do the same on clients (despite this already being disabled on server side), but those are more specific cases due to some specific setups.  In environments where you run cluster(s), this action is mandatory as far as I can tell.

No Events found!