Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 14th, 2012 01:00

ACSLS + Networker 7.6.3

HI Folks ,

My networker server is able to communicate with ACSLS host.

Libattach is working fine.

However i am not able to see any slots in networker NMC GUI.

I am not able to add any tape & do backup operations.

Kindly help its urgent,

10 Posts

January 14th, 2012 02:00

I tried to add tape using nsrjb , but getting following errors.

000007 is Barcode ID of my tape.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>nsrjb -a -v -T 000007

setting verbosity level to `1'

1:      acsls0  [enabled]

There is only one enabled and configured jukebox: acsls0

Info: Requested lcpd to add cartridge `000007'.

Error: process_volume_devinfo: Requested media must reside in a slot. stl_errstr

: No such volume.

Error: process_volume_devinfo: Requested media must reside in a slot. stl_errstr

: No such volume.

Jukebox operation finished with status: retryable

39077:nsrjb: error, Jukebox command terminated with errors.

445 Posts

January 14th, 2012 04:00

ashjosh,

How did you create the library in NetWorker - via Wizard or jbconfig?

Which version of NetWorker are you using?

What bit version is the OS for Windows as your using libattach?

Regards,

Bill Mason

445 Posts

January 14th, 2012 05:00

Ashjosh,

Are the NetWorker server and the ACSLS server on the same network segment?

Can you telnet 50004 and get a prompt from the NetWorker server to the ACSLS server?

On the ACSLS server where does ACSLS report tape 000007 as residing?

If you do not have telnet installed on Windows you should also be able to use Putty and complete IP and port for the connection.

Regards,

Bill Mason

10 Posts

How did you create the library in NetWorker - via Wizard or jbconfig?- USING BOTH WAYS

Which version of NetWorker are you using?- 7.6.3

What bit version is the OS for Windows as your using libattach? Windows 2003 32Bit & LIB ATTACH 1.4.3 32bit

10 Posts

They are in same Network segment & LIBAttach trace is showing perfect communication.

Y i am nt able to add slots & tapes ?

445 Posts

Ashjosh,

In NetWorker a silo has a dynamic number of slots increasing and decreasing as tapes are added/withdrawn.

It would seem for some reason NetWorker either cannot get the information for the volume from ACSLS or is having difficulty understanding/processing the information.

If the volume you are trying to add resides in a slot location (5 figures within the address reported in ACSLS, as opposed to 4 for drives) within ACSLS we should be able to add this in.

I would enable debug logging to level 9 on the jukebox resource, disable and enable the jukebox to pick up the setting and see if this sheds any light on the issue within the daemon.log when you attempt to add a volume. If you have not done so already raise an SR with Support and supply your res, daemon.log and ACSLS server info along with the libattach trace files.

Regards,

Bill Mason

445 Posts

Ashjosh,

Are the NetWorker server and the ACSLS server on the same network segment?

Can you telnet 50004 and get a prompt from the NetWorker server to the ACSLS server?

On the ACSLS server where does ACSLS report tape 000007 as residing?

Regards,

Bill Mason

14.3K Posts

January 15th, 2012 05:00

To me it looks as if you can't connect to library or even more likely tag is not correct.

Once silo is configured when you do nsrjb it is empty - and this is norman as you need to allocated volumes first.

I'm not sure what is the range you are trying to allocate, but you tried to allocated 000007 and to be it looks as if silo itself says I do not have that volume.  You can easily verify that from silo control station.

57 Posts

January 15th, 2012 23:00

My guess is that either the either there is no tape in the slot, or it is loaded in a drive. (Since there is no information about how the library is configured, but possibility can be that the tape from the slot is any drive which is totally out of the library in question.)

You may query the drives in the silo, to see if there are any tapes loaded in the drive, or alternative try adding any other tape, which is reported in the slot by silo.

HTH

No Events found!