Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2014 05:00

AFTD on NW 7.6 storage node

Hello,

My environment is running Networker 7.6.3 servers and storage nodes.

I want to add AFTD devices to my storage nodes. The target storage is a remote storage appliance, and will be accessed via a CIFS share. 

When I run the "add device wizard", I can not authenticate to the appliance to configure the device path, and when I map a drive to the CIFS share, the wizard option to browse the storage node filesystem does not display the mapped drive, I presume as it's not a physically mounted volume.

I know v8 has the functionality to do this easily but I am not able to upgrade my environment at the moment so I need to do it on v7.6.3

Has anyone done this before on v7?

Tks,

Liam

2.4K Posts

October 15th, 2014 10:00

"... a remote storage node appliance." What does this mean? - is it a closed system?

If a remote AFTD, you must have the storage node software installed on the host - otherwise you must control it from the NW server (a 'direct' attached network device).

There are a lot of potential reasons why you cannot browse the file system on a client. The most likely reason is that there are certificate problems (GSS errors). You could solve this by deleting the certificates for the client.

May I suggest that you do not use the wizard but enter the pathname directly.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

October 15th, 2014 06:00

Why note mount the share on the backup server instead ? You are going to traverse the network twice incase you want to do what you want to do here.

Assuming you know what you are doing, did you try getting the device configured manually without using the wizard.

116 Posts

October 16th, 2014 06:00

Thanks Guys,

Actually manually configuring the AFTD allowed me to configure this.

No Events found!